News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Someone else is repopping '68 4-spd plates now. Who is it?

Started by bull, January 14, 2007, 03:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

It's a PG Classic. I don't know the exact details but Todd (CHASWINGMAN2) is a new member here and he's involved with PG Classic.

Also notice the difference in shipping charges when comparing prices (USPS in lower 48 vs $28 from Canada).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Troy on January 14, 2007, 03:57:46 PM
It's a PG Classic. I don't know the exact details but Todd (CHASWINGMAN2) is a new member here and he's involved with PG Classic.

Also notice the difference in shipping charges when comparing prices (USPS in lower 48 vs $28 from Canada).

Troy

Ok. I was wondering what was going on. I didn't have time to read the shipping info when I posted but I see it ends up being $14 cheaper in the long run. The seller must have a bulk discount going on with PG. One of these days we'll have to try for a group buy. :yesnod:

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

gtx6970

I had heard the parts PG  sells are seconds. The parts sold by Todd are hand picked for quality.

Daytona R/T SE

I wonder where these guys fit into the mix    http://www.beaparts.com/

They seem to offer similar parts :shruggy:

Troy

BE&A are also selling PG Classics parts. That's why I said I don't know the exact details. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Troy on January 14, 2007, 11:53:31 PM
BE&A are also selling PG Classics parts. That's why I said I don't know the exact details. ;)

Troy

from what i understand pg {peter gee}  is good parts but some dont have part numbers ect, bea {mike} is producing the same parts but w part numbers ect and todd sells the items for them ive delt with all 3 and they have all treated me good and the parts top notch ....these guys are really bringing some great stuff to the table  for the restos of our mopars and alot of it too
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

CHASWINGMAN2

Quote from: bull on January 14, 2007, 03:30:36 PM
It's not PG Classic:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOPAR-4-SPEED-CONSOLE-67-R-T-GTX-CHARGER-68-69-HEMI-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140719QQihZ012QQitemZ220069030809QQrdZ1
I really wish I could use this post to tout our stuff, but probably not too appropriate.  The outline of the facts have already been stated here on post.   Mike Ross and I are the US side of things with Peter.  He started all this a few years ago.  Most of what he was doing was very close to being perfect (our opinion), but needed some refinement.  Mike started working with Peter on the issues and spearheaded a program of licensed parts through Trade Marketing, which is the company that is the go-between for Damlier Chrysler and the vendor.  Bob, the HMFIC at Trade Marketing happens to be a Mopar knucklehaed like the rest of us.  He tests and evaluates all the parts we send him.  He actually has a team of people that scrutinize every part.  He also works very closely with a small group from Damlier Chrysler that are directly involved with the restoration parts line.  All of those parts are assigned a "77" instead of a "P" number. 
   Basically what's happening is this.  We bring the licenses parts to you, the hobbiest, as well as other parts that aren't licensed, because they don't really need to be.   All of our lenses are done exactly as original (we had to, otherwise we could not legally sell you parts, meaning DOT rules and such.  The original parts were tested and approved, so our parts have to be exact duplications)   Yes they will spider crack in 20 years just like the originals, but we are assuming that these parts won't see as much weather as the originals did.   
    Yes we handpick what we sell, and hope we don't send you something you don't want.  Of course we stand behind what we sell, if you have a problem with our parts, well you don't have a problem.
    We have over 350 part numbers already done and we don't know where we will stop.  As far as prices go, well, yes some of it is a little high, but not because of greed, it's because it takes a lot do make this stuff.   Currently we are busy filling an order for Damlier Chrysler, which has slowed our production down a bit.  We don't currently offer a paper catalog, simply because we are introducing 10-15 new parts a month and can't keep up with a paper catalog.
    I basically handle the South, Mike it the guy I answer to in regards to being a dealer for the retail side of things.  We all work together in product development which is whole different part of the operation.  Herb's Parts is one of our other dealers, as well as Megaparts.  We all maintain our own inventory and have a very simple way of doing business.   All of our prices are the same (we have a minimum list price that we all agree to, so as not to undercut each other or to confuse the customers).   I sell on ebay with a slightly higher advertised price, but as noted by another member here, I offer free shipping to even things out.  It also helps the buyer make a decision.  No gray areas as to what his total will be.  Not every guy out there has deep pockets.
   We plan to attend as many shows as we can, so that we can move some product, but also so that you guys can see our quality live and in person.  We fully expect you guys to fondle everything we make, heck that's what we do.  Believe it or not, we do more sales after the shows than we actually do at the show.  Mainly beacuse most guys are in shock when they see our parts and are not prepared to buy at the show.  They go home and loose sleep over not getting their little part, then our phones start ringing off the hook.  For now I am in this for fun and cool factor.  Gimme a year or two and we might actually start making a profit. 
   I recently pm'd a member who was a little miffed about or prices.  I sent him a "long-read" response to help him understand what it takes to do all of this.  Personally, I never realized what it took either, until now I always measured the value of a reproduction part base on the material that went into it.  Now I fully understand what it takes and will gladly explain it to anyone that is interested.
   Some guys are really  upset about the fact that some of the parts are made in China.   Well, my standard response is this. "You try to make these parts here, and at the quantities (some only 200 pieces) and see what you have to sell them for, usually double or tripple our prices.
Peter bought a plant in China (mainland) in the town he grew up in.  We have top notch people, mostly older craftsmen, that are the best detail oriented people I have ever seen.  He has lived in Canada for over 20 years and has been in manufacturing since he was a kid.  He is back and forth all the time.
   One more thing to note, Damlier Chrysler has been as helpfull as possible with engineering drawings and any other information they have on the original parts.  They plan to have the parts available via your local dealer by this summer.  For now I think their plans are for you to be able to order the licensed parts at the parts counter and have it in a couple of days.  Some dealers plan to keep an inventory on hand.  I will post more information on the program as the plan evolves.

The best thing about this for me personally is that I am having a blast with this.  It is almost like a dream come true.  If I have a part that I'm tired of searching for, I just let Peter know and within about 5 weeks, I have a prototype in my hands.  Can't get much better than that.  Peter just spent over $500,000.00 on a 400 ton press, which allows us to the do the long items, like GTX trunk finish panes and the like.

Gotta run, too much to do.

I hope nobody takes offense to my response on this post.  Please PM me about and prices, I won't answer those questions on a post.  I can usually ship the same day the order is placed.
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

bull

Wow! You just told us a lot of things we all have been dying to hear for many years, and I don't think there is anything unethical about a parts seller explaining the details of his work. If every post of yours had a plug for your business I might consider it to be a little cheesy but in this case there are many legitimate questions that got legitimate answers.

One of the things I'm most happy to hear about is the cooperation between PG Classic and several vendors with pricing and quality agreements. I think that will eventually create a selection available to the Mopar guys that the GM and Ford guys have been enjoying for years. Another thing I like hearing is the potential for Chrysler getting into the classic parts business too. IMO DCX has done a poor job of including the classic Mopar hobbyist in their overall sales agenda, outside of performance parts. And if they have been trying to include us they've done a poor job of letting us know that.

Another thing I'd like to see happen is some sort of online database where all the parts being reproduced for our cars is listed by vendor and updated on a regular basis. That way if someone is looking for a specific part he doesn't have to sift through 18 websites looking for it. That's not your job or the job of PG Classic but it's something that I think would be a win-win for the buyers and sellers by providing a one-stop parts catalogue for the buyer and advertising for the vendor.

charge-it

Quote from: gtx6970 on January 14, 2007, 10:42:15 PM
I had heard the parts PG  sells are seconds. The parts sold by Todd are hand picked for quality.

I`ve bought from PGclassics and all the parts I`ve bought were first quality. Don`t be afraid to buy from either of these folks, (Todd or PGclassics)they are both great people. By the way, PG classics offers a 100% refund if your not happy with the parts. Todd told me the same thing about Peters parts, saying that all the stuff he sells on ebay is second rate, I don`t believe it from what I have bought, my stuff was perfect.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com