News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Recording of a MP mini starter vs. original starter

Started by bull, January 14, 2007, 11:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Does anyone have a link to a video and/or audio file of the sound of a mini starter or the Misubishi/Dakota starter to compare to the sound of the original starter?

bull

BigBlackDodge

Whinewhinewhinewhinewhine......whine............

RrRrRrRrRr.......RrRrRrR..........

BBD ;D (I'm not sure which one is which)

THE CHARGER PUNK

original sounds like ''i dont wanna start, i dont wanna start'' and the new one is ''whine whine whine fast x1000''

Sinister68

-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemihead

The Generic Motors and Furd guys used to call the old Mopar starters " Chicken Starters".
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

70 Charger RT

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

bull

73ChargerSE

What mufflers/exhaust are you using on that?  Headers or manifolds?

Sinister68

Quote from: 73ChargerSE on January 17, 2007, 05:46:55 PM
What mufflers/exhaust are you using on that?  Headers or manifolds?

TTI headers and 3 inch exhaust with H-pipe. Hooker Aero chamber mufflers.   :icon_smile_cool:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

mikepmcs

Sounds like my GL.  One question though.  Your vid states first start.  I thought when you break in a motor you were supposed to run it hot(2000+ rpm) for break in so the cam doesn't wear poorly??  Just asking cause i'm ignorant on this.
Awesome though, I can't believe you weren't even giving the slightest bit of excitement when she fired.  I would have had a grin from ear to ear.  Matter of fact I always do when I start my car.  I'm a dork though and can't help it. :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Sinister68

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 17, 2007, 05:55:56 PM
Sounds like my GL.  One question though.  Your vid states first start.  I thought when you break in a motor you were supposed to run it hot(2000+ rpm) for break in so the cam doesn't wear poorly??  Just asking cause i'm ignorant on this.
Awesome though, I can't believe you weren't even giving the slightest bit of excitement when she fired.  I would have had a grin from ear to ear.  Matter of fact I always do when I start my car.  I'm a dork though and can't help it. :icon_smile_big:
v/r
Mike

The video was a very abbreviated version of the original video that I shot.  The original video was about 45 minutes (complete with profanity when it didn't start the first time.)  ;)

Sorry, bull.  Didn't mean to hi-jack the thread.   :icon_smile_big:  :icon_smile_big:
-James

bull

Not a problem. I didn't realize it was your car until now.