News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Take a Look At This 71' Charger !

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, January 13, 2007, 11:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

This makes me want to keep my 73' Charger Rally a 71' R/T Clone ! Wow, I can't believe that price.
Go to this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-R-T-1971-Dodge-Charger-R-T-U-CODE-W-A-C-UNRESTORED_W0QQitemZ130068340416QQihZ003QQcategoryZ6199QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If this is posted in the incorrect form, I am sorry.
BMOTOXSTAR#079
:yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

TruckDriver

There was a post a month or two ago about his car and a few other that are going to be a Barret-Jackson. It is a nice car, but look where the rear quarter meets the doors. The paint doesn't appear to be matched up very good. I wouldn't buy it because of that. Not for that kind of money anyway.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

RD

unrestored, sure.....  title states unrestored, description states
QuoteOlder restoration

I do not believe any mopar batteries that made it into cars on the factory line came with warranty tags on them.

but i am just arguing semantics.. oh well.  hope he gets what he wants for it.  though I think he is glassy eyed with his bid price.   He is just using ebay as a feeler for what he may get at bj.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Drache

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on January 13, 2007, 11:47:34 PM
This makes me want to keep my 73' Charger Rally a 71' R/T Clone ! Wow, I can't believe that price.
:yesnod:

"This listing is for advertising purpose's only ,please do not bid."  :icon_smile_big:

That's not what the car is selling for although who knows with BJ!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Bandit72

could you get speakers in the doors of these?
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Khyron

Q: okay I will bid at barrett with no reserve but the bidding will start at $25,000 and if it goes to $50,000 I will be impressed.You are totally out of your mind,71 Hemi chargers will not get more than $150,000.I am a collector and its people like you that are making this once Humble hobby off the track,you will see at the auction,and if you start it out at a high price no one will even bid,its not even a 4 spd car and it does not have an N96 fresh air hood,or dana rear.
Jan-12-07
  A: Hey Mr. Collector...A/C equipped cars never came with N96 hoods. I thought you should at least know that before you started bidding at Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction. Hope to see you there

I think I would have to disagree with this comment. I've seen them go for over $250,000 at B-J

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

440 automatic 71 RT's for over a 1/4 million?  That's insane.  My apologies to 3rd gen fans, but that's just insane.

andy74

Quote from: Ghoste on January 14, 2007, 03:34:04 AM
440 automatic 71 RT's for over a 1/4 million?  That's insane.  My apologies to 3rd gen fans, but that's just insane.
insane maybe,but the market is so screwed up now days,we 3rd gen guys will probably get priced out of the market within a few years too

bull

Quote from: Khyron on January 14, 2007, 12:46:03 AM
Q: okay I will bid at barrett with no reserve but the bidding will start at $25,000 and if it goes to $50,000 I will be impressed.You are totally out of your mind,71 Hemi chargers will not get more than $150,000.I am a collector and its people like you that are making this once Humble hobby off the track,you will see at the auction,and if you start it out at a high price no one will even bid,its not even a 4 spd car and it does not have an N96 fresh air hood,or dana rear.
Jan-12-07
  A: Hey Mr. Collector...A/C equipped cars never came with N96 hoods. I thought you should at least know that before you started bidding at Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction. Hope to see you there

I think I would have to disagree with this comment. I've seen them go for over $250,000 at B-J

I'm no third gen value expert but I think BJ is the exception, not the rule. The seller seems a little too optimistic for Ebay though IMO. I guess we'll find out in 4 days 14 hours.

TripleBlackGator

If he gets one LEGIT bid he should jump up and down for being so lucky. The bidder on the other hand should have his head examined. Nice car but please. Barret Jackass has done more harm than good to the hobby. Everyone thinks they have "one" just like one that sold at BJ for X amount of dollars. If they think so then by all means take it there and let us all know how you did. Chances are you'll be disappointed. BJ is all about highly desireable cars being brought in front of people with deep pockets and the desire to have it instead of the guy next to him. Even so those bidders are GOATED by the auction personal to bid higher and higher. Just watch the show and see. The only ones benefiting from Barret Jackson are Barrett Jackson.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

tttaziz

FWIW, this one sold at B-J tonight for $29,000 plus the 10% premium for a total of $31,900.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein