News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need help...locating heater core a/c 69 charger

Started by autodynamics, December 06, 2006, 03:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

i just removed the entire box.....man that was work. and now i see i need a new heater core. so where do i get one? also the a.c part in the box what do i do with that? do i get that pressure checked? or do i get a new one and also how can i check everything so see if it all works? thanks  pete

kab69440

Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

hemi68charger

Before you pitch the bad one, make sure the new one will mount properly. I replaced the heater core in my '71 Charger and the new heater core I bought from Year One didn't fit into the box properly.. The heater core was ok, but the mounting bracket sucked..... So, I just detached the new heater core and placed it into the car's original support structure for the core...

Good luck...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

scottmiller

The A/C heater core is a tough one to come by because it is a double core on your car.  I have a '69 too and had a hard time locating one.  I ended up getting one from a radiator shop in Wisconsin.  It is the same size as the original, but it doesn't have the linkages on it for the recirc door on the front of the A/C heater core box and the two cores are linked via copper tubing rather than the rubber hose like the original.  For me that wasn't a problem because the A/C system was ditched in my car back in the 80's... I just wired the recirc door shut.

I wish I still had the contact info for the place I bought it from.  I recall it taking me a lot of "googling" to come up with a name and a phone number that panned out.  The place ended up being in a really small town in Northern Wisconsin.  The guy just asked for my address and said he would send it to me to see if it would work for my application.  When it did, I called him back and he told me to mail him a check for $175.  I thought that experience in and of itself was pretty cool in this day and age.

The other option is to see if a local shop can rebuild your core.  I found that option to be really expensive here in Northern Virginia, but it may be cheaper elsewhere.

Good luck!

Chatt69chgr

Try Classic Auto Air in Florida or Old Air Systems in Texas.  They both had the dual core heater core for the 69 Charger.  Seems like the Old Air Systems website didn't show the heater core but they had it anyway. 

chargerguy111

I found one for my 68 at AUTO Zone for 30.00 new.it was exact fit,but................it wasnt an ac core.It might be worth checking into though.