News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OH MY,Buy it Now for a cool Million.

Started by 472 R/T SE, January 12, 2007, 09:17:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Dave22443

What makes me sick is to know that there is one of these not 5 minutes from my house sitting under the same cedar tree its been under for 20 years.  Its a hard top.  Don't know what size engine is in it, but its a pistol grip 4-speed and its complete.  The old guy that has it (and literally dozens of other mopars) just lets it rot and won't even talk to you about selling it.  He's too old and mean to ever fix it up.  Me and several other guys in the area are waiting for him to die so we can hit his wife up for the cars. (She told me one time when he wasn't there that if it were up to her they would all be gone)

Oh well...   :pity:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

HITMAN 149

Quote from: Dave22443 on January 12, 2007, 09:32:34 PM
What makes me sick is to know that there is one of these not 5 minutes from my house sitting under the same cedar tree its been under for 20 years.  Its a hard top.  Don't know what size engine is in it, but its a pistol grip 4-speed and its complete.  The old guy that has it (and literally dozens of other mopars) just lets it rot and won't even talk to you about selling it.  He's too old and mean to ever fix it up.  Me and several other guys in the area are waiting for him to die so we can hit his wife up for the cars. (She told me one time when he wasn't there that if it were up to her they would all be gone)

go over there with an air horn & make his ticker go tock!!! then talk to the old lady!!! hehehehehe :devil:
"i'm going to hell anyways...so might as well have some fun in the mean tme!!!!" LOL
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

tecmopar

I don't think its greed, its supply and demand. If someone is willing to pay that much for a car, then more power to 'em. It is a pretty rare car to begin with and just how many are left, who knows. The sad part is that it probably will sell, get restored, and then never be driven like it was supposed to be, it will be a trophy for some investor.

RD

Quote from: tecmopar on January 13, 2007, 01:49:09 AM
I don't think its greed, its supply and demand. If someone is willing to pay that much for a car, then more power to 'em. It is a pretty rare car to begin with and just how many are left, who knows. The sad part is that it probably will sell, get restored, and then never be driven like it was supposed to be, it will be a trophy for some investor.

i think it is just people with entirely too much money throwing out the cash because they do not have to worry about it.

All of these cars will lose their market value as those who desire them die off, so let them spend their money.

Do I consider them idiots... well, YES.. but it is their money to be stoopid idiots with.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

4cruzin

Yep . . . out of control.  I'd sell mine for half that no problem.   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

dkn1997

700k project car?  (bid is almost up to that)  yeah, ok, not a 71 and not a hemi.  and this is not a 2 million dollar car once it's done.

it's real nice, maybe it would go for 500,000 once it's done
RECHRGED

Charger_Fan

Holy crap! :o He wants a million for it & it's not even restored...or a HEMI?? :image_294343:

I've had my eye on this little 383 car for a while, thinking I'd approach the owner with a wad of cash, when I get enough. I guess I should take out a friggin' loan & go buy the car, before the rest of the world prices these things into the stratosphere?? :-[
I've been trying to avoid having to get a loan to buy a project car...just something not right about that. :icon_smile_angry:

Been in the same spot for 3 years, that I'm aware of.
Last year, that camper fell of it's jacks...luckily, it fell away from the car.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

dpm68

Hey Dave...great name by the way...leave a carton of cigaretts on the old coot's front porch!

bpj

Great car but.....totally BOGUS auction, IMO.
I've been tracking those cars since the mid 80's and know where two fully restored twins to that car are currently.
BOTH owners would sell their cars for significantly less than that.
To date, I don't know of a '70 6pk Cuda convert to have sold for more than $375k.
Now 71's are a different story.....

tecmopar

I agree about the value but lets not forget this on ebay and there are a lot of really DUMB people out there with all kinds of money to throw around. Not to sound smug but it would nice if a few of those guys donated a little to a worthy charity first.

70charger_boy

Just because some idiot watches Barrett Jackson and sees a restored hemi convertible go for 2 million that makes them think there undocumented piece of crap can go for a million? WTF  :moon: :mrt:

BigBlackDodge

For a million buck you'd think he would have vacuumed the leaves out of the back seat...... :rotz:

In good condition, this is a $2,000,000 car with her eyes closed. It'll cost you about $100,000 to bring her to that condition.

Oh really? Why not then spend the 100k yourself and pocket another 900k? Hmmm.... ::)

BBD

70charger_boy

The only car that I would pay for would be the race daytona that is on bigblackdodge's profile............so BBD deal or no deal?

charge-it

Quote from: tecmopar on January 14, 2007, 04:32:19 AM
I agree about the value but lets not forget this on ebay and there are a lot of really DUMB people out there with all kinds of money to throw around. Not to sound smug but it would nice if a few of those guys donated a little to a worthy charity first.
Like people who buy hurst shifters on ebay that people say fit one thing but they fit another then the seller won`t make it right...dumb people...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

charge-it

Quote from: 70charger_boy on January 14, 2007, 04:15:48 PM
Just because some idiot watches Barrett Jackson and sees a restored hemi convertible go for 2 million that makes them think there undocumented piece of crap can go for a million? WTF  :moon: :mrt:
What a moron, he should have it documented by the guru and then he could get 2 million for it.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

topduarte

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 14, 2007, 07:35:13 PM
This one's a smokin' deal versus the other one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cuda-440-6-convertible-Plymouth-Mopar-Barracuda-1970_W0QQitemZ260075813638QQihZ016QQcategoryZ6409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How do you know it is a smokin deal?  the starting bid is $250k and we do not know the reserve or do we?  Who knows , the reserve could be $2,000,000.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 70charger_boy on January 14, 2007, 07:02:58 PM
The only car that I would pay for would be the race daytona that is on bigblackdodge's profile............so BBD deal or no deal?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure......................I'll sell you profile pic for a million bucks! Send me the cash and I'll email the pic to ya! :devil:

BBD

472 R/T SE

Quote from: topduarte on January 14, 2007, 08:08:01 PM
Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 14, 2007, 07:35:13 PM
This one's a smokin' deal versus the other one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cuda-440-6-convertible-Plymouth-Mopar-Barracuda-1970_W0QQitemZ260075813638QQihZ016QQcategoryZ6409QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

How do you know it is a smokin deal?  the starting bid is $250k and we do not know the reserve or do we?  Who knows , the reserve could be $2,000,000.

Are you serious?  :shruggy:  I would venture to say the reserve is less than $375k since that's the Buy It Now.

$375k is a lot cheaper than a million, so yeah, it's a smokin' deal in that sense...if you have that kind of money to spend.

70charger_boy

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on January 14, 2007, 09:28:12 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on January 14, 2007, 07:02:58 PM

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure......................I'll sell you profile pic for a million bucks! Send me the cash and I'll email the pic to ya! :devil:

BBD

Wiseguy, I want that Car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

mikepmcs

Quote from: Dave22443 on January 12, 2007, 09:32:34 PM

Dave
what city are you talking about?  I knew of a guy like that once.   He used to let people go into his yard and check things out and then it got too well known and he just flipped the switch and noone can get in there anymore.  I think the name of the place was Sam's.  he had a ton of metal in the entrance to the place(copper, etc....)  but you go out back and holy schmolly there were cars everywhere.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?