News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Quarter panel wheelwell trim

Started by chargerguy111, January 12, 2007, 08:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerguy111

I just replaced both quarters on my 68 Charger with year one skins.The problem is the wheelwell trim doesn'tfit the new opening.Has anyone had this problem?Thanks in advance.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Repro quarters are notorious for this....I had to notch my moldings to get them to fit the contors of the wheel openings
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

daytonalo

I had no problems  in that area , for what its worth , mine were goodmarks . All the same shit im told

69hemi

If you take your moldings and tape them up so they wont get scratched and then use them as template as you apply filler and sand it to the correct contour you can get them to fit but it is a pain in the ass.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

bill440rt

I put a repop RT 1/4 skin on my '69. The original moulding I took off the car did not fit, it seemed a little tweaked to begin with. I then found a used one at a swap meet, & that one fit great. Go figure.
I got the 1/4 from Auto Body Specialties, it's the same "Goodmark" stuff.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce