News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My new (to me) Durango PICS

Started by bull, January 11, 2007, 08:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

We're officially a three Dodge family now because I just bought an '03 Durango that still has almost 3 yrs and 40+ thousand miles worth of warranty left on it (I guess it was 7/70,000 when new) and I'm wondering what all that warranty covers? Is it just major drivetrain stuff or what? Does the dealership just pull up the VIN when doing warranty work?

Here's a few pictures of it.

dads_69

Bull, did you buy it from  dealer or private party? If a dealer, then they should have included you in w/all the info. about war. issues if you need work done. They will have the vin. info. as well in the service records also. If a private party deal, if there is a war. left on it, the seller should have transfered it over to your name, or you can for I believe an additional $50.00.Extra war. are available though for up $2 grand or so also. Hope this helps. We've bought a few Dodges and misc. cars/trucks over the last 9 years, new and used, and delt with the bank or dealership about what was left on war. of them. You said its an '03, does it have them Hemi or 360?
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

bull

Quote from: dads_69 on January 11, 2007, 10:02:27 PM
Bull, did you buy it from  dealer or private party? If a dealer, then they should have included you in w/all the info. about war. issues if you need work done. They will have the vin. info. as well in the service records also. If a private party deal, if there is a war. left on it, the seller should have transfered it over to your name, or you can for I believe an additional $50.00.Extra war. are available though for up $2 grand or so also. Hope this helps. We've bought a few Dodges and misc. cars/trucks over the last 9 years, new and used, and delt with the bank or dealership about what was left on war. of them. You said its an '03, does it have them Hemi or 360?
Mark

4.7 and thanks for the info. There weren't any Hemis in Durangos in '03 to my knowledge but there was the 360. All the Durangos I looked at between '99 and '03 had the 4.7, 5.2 or 5.9 IIRC. I think the Hemi started in '04 with the new (fugly) body design.

old man

Welcome to the 4.7 Durango family. We have had ours for two years and I think it's a great truck/car. Call your local dealership and give them the info on the truck to ask about warrenty left and what it covers. We bought the extended warrenty from dealership when we bought it used. Since then I've always had it serviced oil changes and such at dealership so there is a record of this with them. In our last 14 inch snow it was the only thing we had that got around. It went wherever we needed to go and the gas mileage is much better than my Dakota R/T. Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new truck.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

bull

I called my local Dodge dealer today and found out that the remainder of the 7/70 powertrain warranty is fully transferrable for free and that there is an opportunity to get an extended warranty through Dodge or some aftermarket company. I have one outstanding recall so I hope to get that dealt with next week.

Anyway, I love the new Durango! I hope the quality of it turns out to be as good as the looks and power.

Shakey

I like the colour!  Congrats on joining the two Daughter & Three Dodge Club.    :thumbs:

bull

Quote from: Shakey on January 12, 2007, 08:09:41 PM
I like the colour!  Congrats on joining the two Daughter & Three Dodge Club.    :thumbs:

Oooooo! My memberships get more exclusive as time goes by.

Orange_Crush

You won't be disappointed with that 4.7.  A little short on power, but will run forever.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

472 R/T SE

Right-on Curtis.  :thumbs:  Nice lookin' rig.  Aren't there suppose to be emblems on the doors?
I may be able to get you a tad better price on an extended warranty thru my mom's dealership.  They're fixin' to move her postiion to another city so it would have to be sooner rather than later.
We need to make a move on a new rig if we're gonna do it.  Gonna be a bummer as my mom's been with Chrysler now for 20 years and I'll be losing all my discounts.

bull

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 12, 2007, 09:40:15 PM
Right-on Curtis.  :thumbs:  Nice lookin' rig.  Aren't there suppose to be emblems on the doors?
:shruggy: I've seen them on other Durangos but maybe they rearranged them from year to year. I'll have to look at some pictures of other '03s.
I may be able to get you a tad better price on an extended warranty thru my mom's dealership.  They're fixin' to move her postiion to another city so it would have to be sooner rather than later.
We need to make a move on a new rig if we're gonna do it.  Gonna be a bummer as my mom's been with Chrysler now for 20 years and I'll be losing all my discounts.
That would be cool. Should I call you?

bull

Mike, I just looked at 13 or 14 '03 Durangos for sale on Auto trader and none had the side emblems. Must be an '03-only thing.

Charger_Fan

Congrats Bull, that's a great lookin' purchase! :thumbs:
Oh & it's the best bodystyle...better than THIS 2-DOOR VERSION, at least. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

70charginglizard

Nice Bull,
I like that body style of the Durango a whole lot better than the new (Germanly designed one)
The lines are nice and smooth as opposed to those weird boxy lines all the new ones try to follow.

Not to mension the fact that it looks like just like my 98 dakota.  ;D other than the fact that it's a durango  :icon_smile_approve:
70charginglizard

andy74

Bull, if you decide that you want a warranty,pm me and ill get you prices-i can sell you that,even if i couldnt get you a truck!plus,dcx has a 12 month no intrest payment plan on extended warranty right now,so you can pay monthly instead of all up front!

Lowprofile

Nice Ride Bro.  :2thumbs:  Death before Mini-Van! :icon_smile_dead: :icon_smile_dissapprove: :icon_smile_dead:    :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL