News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do u think of the new Chargers?

Started by 69bronzeT5, January 11, 2007, 08:03:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What do u think of the 06 Chargers???

Love It
11 (16.9%)
Hate It
11 (16.9%)
Its okay
17 (26.2%)
*barf*
21 (32.3%)
Like it but wouldnt buy it
5 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Chris G.

Quote from: Ghoste on January 12, 2007, 08:05:54 PM
Not a landslide?  Barf and hate it are pretty much the same thing

:haha: You could combine the other 3 choices, and then what? We are on a classic Charger board...what did you think should or would happen? I'm gonna give you a  :pity: for trying. Go ahead and get your post count up with a reply...you won't see one back from me. We both know the new Charger is widely accepted. There's no fighting it.  :icon_smile_wink:

Ghoste

Widely accepted by some and widely hated by others.  But thanks muchly for the opportunity to raise my post count. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

oh! Post count! is that what it's all about!?.  :rotz:

Ghoste

Well, I thought it was sharing opinions, ideas, and help.  But I'm willing to admit that I'm petty enough to take the bait.  :icon_smile_approve:

nakita7

As far as new cars go, it's nice, but it's not a Charger. They should have named it something else. The New Challenger picks up where it left off, that's cool. Making a 4dr family car and calling it a Charger is NOT cool....

Chris G.

Quote from: nakita7 on January 13, 2007, 12:28:06 PM
The New Challenger picks up where it left off, that's cool.

It does? Take a scroll up in this thread and tell me that again. You may not be aware, but that brown looking thing is actually a Challenger.

Troy

Why doesn't it say 06-07 Chargers? As I've stated before, the looks do nothing for me. Especially not enough to drop that much money on a new car. However, I was up close and personal with an all black SRT-8 at the Garlits show and I could deal with that one. I saw an SRT-8 Magnum (orange/red) in St Loius though and I'd have a hard time choosing between the two. The front end on the Magnum SRT-8 is flat out cool and the back end of the Charger SRT-8 is still hideous. I'm not sure a station wagon does it for me though (but neither does a 4 door sedan). The only vehicle I've ever owned with 4 doors is my Suburban - unless you count the back doors on the Ram. Oh well, I won't fork over the cash for either until I can get them used at a hefty discount. Until then I'll have to build my cars.

Oh, and Chris, some of the people wearing blindfolds around the new Charger are doing because they can't stand the sight - not because they aren't open minded. :P I'm to the point where I don't care about the name or the extra doors. I just don't like it all that much. I can't stand the new Ram, Durango, or most Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep vehicles (including the Viper) but that's just my taste in cars.  It has something to do with the style and they all share design elements. I feel the same way about many manufacturers though. Toyota and Nissan spring to mind - I used to love their cars.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Chryco Psycho

bull

Quote from: Troy on January 13, 2007, 12:49:56 PM
... I was up close and personal with an all black SRT-8 at the Garlits show and I could deal with that one.

This is one point I've tried making time and again. Most people who love their classic Chargers do not love the '06 Charger. They might think they're ok, tolerable, good enough, something they could deal with, etc., but it is not something that you'd sit and stare at for any length of time like many classic Charger owners do. They will not be dragged out of barns and wrecking yards 30 years from now to undergo restoration. They will never be "classic" by any stretch of the definition.

70charginglizard

You guys remember in the beginning when Chrysler told us that the new charger will not come with a 6 speed shift because there was no market for it. (like they told us about the two door vs 4 door thing)
Well I just got the new mopar action mag this afternoon and low and behold. The new Charger this year with the 6.1L hemi is going to offer the 6 speed manual shift.

Goes to show that with a little pressure from the public they will come around.

Now for the doors! lol

You all do of coarse know that this new charger poll already exists.
I created it more than a year ago:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,40.0.html
70charginglizard

Ghoste

We've probably doubled in membership since then Liz (only guessing btw).

dodgeboy67

SERIOUSLY GUYS........WHEN YOU LOOK AT ALL OF THE NEW CARS OUT THERE , DODGE OR NOT.......THE 06 CHARGER IS ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING CARS ON THE MARKET.....IMO

SURE , IT IS A HIDDEOUS THING DEFACE THE CHARGER WITH 4 DOORS, BUT AT LEAST ITS NOT A CHEVY OR FORD.....IF I WAS LOOKING FOR A 4 DOOR RWD CAR, ID BUY THE CHARGER BEFORE  A CROWN VIC OR WHATEVER GENERAL MALFUNCTIONS RWD CAR THERE  IS THESE DAYS

AND LETS FACE IT.......IF THE NEW "CHARGER" WAS ACCTUALLY CALLED  "INTREPID "  WOULD WE BE HAVING ANY OF THIS CONVERSATION????? I THINK NOT......

HERE IS MY QUESTION ......HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BUY THE NEW CHARGER IF IT WAS CALLED "INTREPID"???

NOW DONT THINK FOR A SECOND THAT I DONT THINK THAT THE GUY AT MOPAR WHO DECIDED IT WAS OK TO LABEL THE 06 "CHARGER" NEEDS HIS BAG SLIT......OR AT LEAST A GOOD SWIFT KICK IN THE NUTS
STIR , STIR , STIR ,

NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANY ONE, JUST MY 2CENTS

andy74

having driven the 06-07 and being forced to sell them,id say that although the car doesnt deserve the charger name,it is a solid family sedan-i usually sell the 300s,because it doesnt cause me to contradict myself"real chargers have 2 doors".on the other hand i love the magnum,and will being taking on for a demo this week or next,and being the same platform,the wagon drives better,and is actually usefull. i have never had anyone bitch to me about the magnum being a wagon instead of a 2 door full size coupe,but still have customers ask why the "charger"is a four door sedan!

70charginglizard

Quote from: dodgeboy67 on January 14, 2007, 10:13:31 AM

HERE IS MY QUESTION ......HOW MANY OF YOU WOULD BUY THE NEW CHARGER IF IT WAS CALLED "INTREPID"???

I would buy one if they contiued to call it Intrepid. I think this car followed the Intrepid heritage very well (large family size sudan)

I use to own an Intrepid. I really liked that car and was sad to see the name disapear. It was a very handsome, sleek looking vehicle and a great car for towing around the kid and the kids friends. But a muscle car? I think not. Neither is the new charger as far as I see it. I believe the idea in a mucle car was to run the 1/4 mile as quickly as possible. Wouldn't the design of a car with 4 doors as opposed to two add more weight in a vehicle? I thought the idea in 1/4 mile racing was to have a car that has less weight not more?

The main factor for me not wanting to buy the new charger is the fact that they are draging the Charger name thru the mud. I'm fine with the car in general. It's not that bad looking anymore with the enhancements they've been descretely adding to it since it first came out. I do say that descretely though because it's only been obvious that they knew they made a mistake with the way it looked at first.
But it will never live up to the name charger as far as I'm concerned until they offer an option to loose two of those 4 doors.

Sorry but it's just how I feel about this. I just don't understand why someone carrying around soccer practice kids and trying to be safe and sane would need to have something that's supose to be built to run at the race track. It makes no sence.
70charginglizard

Shakey

Quote from: andy74 on January 14, 2007, 10:52:39 AM
.......and being forced to sell them.....

Where do you live, Nazi Germany?   :shruggy:

How can you be forced to do anything?

nh_mopar_fan

I think they're the same as the old Chargers.

Oh wait, you're asking about the car?

AKcharger

Mr. Squirrel says: "I especially like the suspension on the '07 Charger. The smooth ride is easy on my nuts"

1970 Charger 500

Quote from: Shakey on January 11, 2007, 08:19:54 PM
Here we go again!  And BTYW - it's not new anymore.

I'll start......

:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse::horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
:horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse::horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
::)  :rotz:

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!
THERE ARE SOME OF US HERE WHO THINK THIS CAR IS A FRESH, STEAMING PILE OF DOG SHIT AND EMBARRASES THE NAME CHARGER.
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOU THINK WE ARE BEATING A DEAD HORSE!
POST YOUR STUPIDITY ON SOME OTHER TOPIC AND LET US VENT!!

Shakey

Quote from: 1970 Charger 500 on January 14, 2007, 08:58:46 PM

I'll start......

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!
THERE ARE SOME OF US HERE WHO THINK THIS CAR IS A FRESH, STEAMING PILE OF DOG SHIT AND EMBARRASES THE NAME CHARGER.
I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF YOU THINK WE ARE BEATING A DEAD HORSE!

I said it once, and I'll say it again:

Great response, did you get you Mom to write that for you.   :smilielol:

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

AKcharger

Quote from: Shakey on January 14, 2007, 09:23:44 PM
Quote from: 1970 Charger 500 on January 14, 2007, 08:58:46 PM

I'll start......

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!
I DON'T GIVE A F#$% IF YOU THINK WE ARE BEATING A DEAD HORSE!

I said it once, and I'll say it again:

Great response, did you get you Mom to write that for you.   :smilielol:

Cool, let's keep doing this till the post is locked
:dancinglock:

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.