News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front fender removal? and a few other body type questions

Started by Lord Warlock, January 15, 2007, 11:07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

I'm trying to get an idea on how to remove the front fenders on my 69 charger r/t se.  The grill has already been removed, and can see the obvious bolts on the front valence (which has also been removed and replaced already) but since I want to remove the antenna on the right side before painting, and also need to get into the inner fender of the drivers side to repair some metal around the battery tray, i figure it is probably worthwhile to go ahead and remove the front fenders. 

Does someone have a diagram of where the bolts are (all of them) that need to be removed to pull the fenders off?  Yes, I searched already but didn't get any decent hits. 

How does the antenna mount come off? is the base removeable from the top, or is there a nut below that has to be removed as well?  Couldn't readily figure out how to get inside the fender to remove it.  I'm trying to prep the surfaces for a repaint to come this spring, and may eventually remove the doors as well so I can do the jambs right at the same time.  All the fenders are rust free (amazing) and require very little body work if any,  to be ready for paint, but i want to do a clean job on the car.  I'm still debating on front and rear glass removal, hate to mess with the gaskets and glass but the rear glass ledge I want to verify it isn't rusted before painting it (rear sail had been fixed with lead in the 70s) and the front glass has one place where i found a hole under the gasket, which makes me suspect minor rust damage there (near the driver side wiper motor) but the hole is fairly small in width, just can't tell how deep it goes without going upside down under the dash with lights on top to see thru.

appreciate the assist. 

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

69hemi

Hey Warlock
I don't have a diagram but there are a row of bolts down the radiator support, the obvious ones along the hood opening, two at the bottom rear and the infamous hidded stud at the rear inside corner at the cowl.  As far as the antenna goes, the nut you can see from the top has  row of teeth that an antenna tool will slip into and remove it or in a pinch use a pair of needle nose pliers and CAREFULLY turn the nut off.
http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

UFO