News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

UPDATE, NEW PICS. Here's progress pics of my FY1 70 R/T

Started by JR, January 09, 2007, 04:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Looks awesome! The hood blackout looks great on FY1 cars.  :icon_smile_cool:

Keep the pics coming.  :yesnod:

JR

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

JR

this should be my profile pic soon

JR

Last pic. This is after the windshield was installed and the wheels were polished. Thanks for the compliments guys. It's really motivational to hear them when I'm spending hours and hours working on this. And 70SIXPACKRT, I've always admired your car, used it as inspiration actually. ;D

mikepmcs

Man that car is wicked nice.  keep them pics coming!!!! :yesnod:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TripleBlackGator

Were body color exhaust tips an option I'm unaware of?  :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

mikepmcs

TBG

No way, he already promised those to me quite a few posts ago.  Don't be mackin' on my tips brother. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JR

They add character! If I wasn't planning on replacing them I'd of taped them off. They'll be in the mail as soon as the car hits the exhaust shop mike. :icon_smile_cool:

Charger1973

Yep... pretty sure this is my favorite '70 Charger.  I just love FY1 cars and that tape stripe really does alot for the car.  Really nice work!

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

autodynamics

JR

Here's some new pics guys. Working 2 jobs plus side work doesn't leave me much free time. I got a clear pic of the guages though.

JR

Here's the Autometer Ultra Lite guages in the factory cluster. It was a fairly simple install though.

JR

Here's the last pic for now. The 440 has been installed for a month or two now. I've been riding. The car is mechanically restored back to better than new now. As soon as the budget alllows, the subframe connectors, adjustable control arms, chassis bracing, modern wheels and rubber will follow. I want this car to handle.

I don't have a pic yet of the engine installed, let me see if I can grab one...

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

JR

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 07, 2007, 05:11:16 PM
Looks great man! It sorta reminds me of a banana :icon_smile_big:

hehe, Thanks Cody. In my high school days, it was called the Bananna Boat....

69bronzeT5

Quote from: JR on November 07, 2007, 05:12:45 PM

:smilielol: Banana boat :boogie: :mcride:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

C_stripes

When are you going to put the R/T badges on??  Car looks very nice.  I want one.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

JR

I managed to get two engine pics, here they are. Totally stock 440 Six Pack with Comp XE268 cam, Speed pro flat top pistons .030 over, and thats it.

moparstuart

Quote from: JR on November 07, 2007, 05:12:45 PM

that looks like my first mopar same 70 r/t top banana  but I had the black bumble bee stripe
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

Did you just not like the hood pins? I notice where you said your car came with them, but I don't see them installed. It is a cleaner look without them, but an unusual and very catching look with them as well.

JR

Here's the other engine pic. I hate this stupid flex hose, but couldn't find a molded one to work with the custom radiator.

Cstripes, I havent bought any to put on yet. I was going too, but before I even got the car home, both fenders got dented. Then 2 months later, the garage doors smacked into both quarters when it was parked halfway out of the garage. So now I am going to repaint the etire car. It also has rocker trim and wheelwell trim that I'll wait to put on til then. It's really a driver. I could have been more anal with the details, but the main purpose of doing this was to make it 100 percent reliable and capable of being driven anywhere without breaking down.

I'll repaint it this winter when it's too cold to do anything elese, and take care of all the trim and badges then. Although it would look alot better with them on now for sure.

JR

Quote from: 69_500 on November 07, 2007, 05:38:30 PM
Did you just not like the hood pins? I notice where you said your car came with them, but I don't see them installed. It is a cleaner look without them, but an unusual and very catching look with them as well.

Good eye.  :coolgleamA: The original hood had some rot on the underside bracing, and had some aftermarket hoodpins installed in the originals place. Rather than restore that hood, I used a clean hood that I had gotten from a member here years ago off a race car that didn't have pins. I am definatley putting them back on, I just havent had the cash or the time really to spring for the details. I'll prolly get them and cut the holes before I repaint it, that way if I mess up the paint it's no big deal. I cant for the life of me see where they used to bolt on the core support. The factory pins had been replaced with some of those locking ones years ago. But the fender tag calls for them.

hemi68charger

Quote from: JR on November 07, 2007, 05:45:23 PM
Quote from: 69_500 on November 07, 2007, 05:38:30 PM

Good eye.  :coolgleamA: The original hood had some rot on the underside bracing, and had some aftermarket hoodpins installed in the originals place. Rather than restore that hood, I used a clean hood that I had gotten from a member here years ago off a race car that didn't have pins. I am definatley putting them back on, I just havent had the cash or the time really to spring for the details. I'll prolly get them and cut the holes before I repaint it, that way if I mess up the paint it's no big deal. I cant for the life of me see where they used to bolt on the core support. The factory pins had been replaced with some of those locking ones years ago. But the fender tag calls for them.

JR..
Go over to Chris's 70 Charger registry site and spend some time.. There is a lot of good information in the form of pics, literature and threads that can help.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/index.html

Here's a pic of hood pin location in the fender/core support area...

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger1973