News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HLPAG - Luedtke Auto Group reputation - Should I buy from them ???

Started by kripledbybuick, January 09, 2007, 01:39:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

ChargerSG

The thing that they start new Ebay users and sell those ghkjr GL, now they are known around the world, the europeans who got tricked by them before have spread the word but still there are people getting screwed by them. Years ago i allmost bought an 69 RT from them, but when i checked it it was thanks but no thanks(but i must say they where very nice even when i was offerd them half the money), and then when i joined old DC i really got stories about them, and like just 1 years later the stories about them turned up here in Sweden.
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Charger1973

They have been around for quite a while now actually.  I have seen them advertise in the regional car trader magazines for years.  Made me wonder how they always had a General Lee for sale.  Before I knew anything about them I just assumed it was the same car and no one was buying it. 

kripledbybuick

Quote from: bull on January 09, 2007, 04:14:30 AM
Oh, I gotcha. So you had some trouble while driving a Buick? Sorry for your misfortune. There are a couple of awesome Charger buddies here in chairs too, both in Washington. 8WHEELER (Dan) and 472 R/T SE (Mike) whom I've met and hung out with on several occasions at the dodgecharger.com meet in Kent, WA and at the Mopar Nationals in Woodburn, OR. Mike even let me come to his house and drive his '70 4spd R/T before he sold it and got his purple '70.

Sorry if I'm bringing up a sore subject here. I never really know how to deal with conversations about wheelchairs but if anything I think these guys are more courageous than the average guy for what they've been through and yet continue to do. They seem to have more energy to hit more car shows than I do and I really look up to both of them on many different levels. Don't tell Mike I said that. :icon_smile_big:
\
No problemo, I lived through the hard part, I don't mind questions. Two years ago I was riding my ducati 900ss with a touring group in modesto when two illegal hispanic males with no DLs or insurance plowed me into the pavement because of their combined stupidity.

bsakal

Sorry to hear about what happened. Good luck in your search. When it comes to HLPAG, turn around and run away very fast and don't look back. BTW, they also advertise on www.collectorcartraderonline.com
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

pettyfan43

Hey Kripled by Buick. Check out Smith Brothers Restorations and Scott Lea Idol Rods. You can get info on both at WWW.CGLFC.COM
The Scott LEa cars are absolutely astounding. They are GORGEOUS and the guy that owns the place is a firs class guy. they may even have a car almost built to your specs.

The Smith brothers build really nice cars as well, the can build them DEAD ON accurate, and have restored a couple of real TVcars.

You can also do a search on HLPAG and you can get a feel for what they are about. I will say this. the car you got pictures of is one thing, what you would have gotten is SOMETHING ELSE again!!!!!!!!!

JimShine

They only did one TV car and it ended up being redone due to cracking bondo.

Daytona R/T SE

Anybody know who the guy in Kentucky is that builds General Lee's?   :shruggy:

4cruzin

I wouldn't do it just because I've seen some of their public relations . . . not real professional.   :RantExplode:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

JimShine

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 09, 2007, 06:38:57 PM

Are you thinking of Danny Johnson in Tennesee? I know a guy who bought one there. He has had lots of work done to it since to get the paint looking decent and even had to replace the trunk lid and valence. Most everything in the engine bay was painted over as well.

Chris G.

Only 2 things I'll say:

1. If you are looking to plunk down 35K on any car, you better get an appraiser, or fly out yourself and look at the car. If someone drops 35K on a sight unseen car, they get what they deserve.

2. Also, yes I agree with what has been said about Hlpag, but they would not still be in business if they did anything truly illegal. Going back to #1, most guys that bought from them did buy site unseen. That is THEIR fault, and not Luedtke's. I think Hans and crew have learned their lesson about posting on message boards. Now they sit back and watch them, and just hope the next sucker that shows up to buy a car is internet challenged, and has never heard of them. Make no mistake, I hope they fall and fall hard.

:Twocents:

mikepmcs

Quote from: JimShine on January 09, 2007, 06:56:11 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on January 09, 2007, 06:38:57 PM

Are you thinking of Danny Johnson in Tennesee? I know a guy who bought one there. He has had lots of work done to it since to get the paint looking decent and even had to replace the trunk lid and valence. Most everything in the engine bay was painted over as well.

Hey that's me(not Danny, the guy who bought from him)!! Howdy Jimmy :wave:.  I'll answer questions about my experience too though if you would like. 
Overall good experience but the only thing I was a little dissappointed about was the lack of attention to detail.  I've seen some of his other stuff and it looks like I got a rush job and he was breaking in someone new at the time with the body and paintwork.. AFFLYER(bradley) on this site also bought from him and can maybe give you his take on the product he received
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

hemi-hampton

If you dont mind going to Detroit I could do a Nice General Lee for you. LEON.

kripledbybuick

I was unable to open the smith brothers site... But i sent the info to the conferderate general lee moderator hoping he could steer me in the right direction!

Judhudson

Hey, sorry to hear about your unforunate accident :(

However, you do want to contact Professor Patrick, from Scotlea Idol Rods.  He's based in Oklahoma, and creates some of the nicest replicas around.  Check out his website here:  http://www.scotleaidolrods.com/

bull

Quote from: kripledbybuick on January 09, 2007, 08:53:49 PM
I was unable to open the smith brothers site... But i sent the info to the conferderate general lee moderator hoping he could steer me in the right direction!

I sent a PM to a member here who's having a GL built by the Smith Bros. and told him about this thread. Hopefully he'll see it and give you some contact info. His username is miamivice and he lives in Seattle: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=153

Should be seattlevice shouldn't it? I guess it doesn't sound as cool.

MGBRingo

Good luck with your search.  From a fellow bike rider sorry to hear about your accident.  It can happen quickly.

I would sugggest you leave the $ amount off of your request for a car.  See what they come back to you with for price first.   Don't let them know how much you are willing to spend until after you see what the best they have to offer will cost.  You may be surprised how much you can get for much less than $35,000.

JimShine

Looks like that one got the same paint blown over the parts on the firewall like Mike got.

skip68

I just looked at their $29,999 GL. Good lord, you would think for $30,000 you could get a car that's battery was'nt rattle can black and the core support was a little better detailed. Kind of makes a guy wonder what you can't see?  And howcome the fender tags are almost always off the car? And how bad do you think the rust is on those shiny cars that have fender tags with rust wholes?
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

I really like my interior though, that's for sure.  Danny johnson is a very honest/nice man and will tell you everything about the car when you talk to him.  Just make sure you ask all the right questions.  My lack of intelligence caused my expectations to be too high when I bought this car.  I was thinking show car but for the price i paid and knowing what i know now........  I got a numbers matching car, build sheet etc... 
And it should never lose value.  I have tinkered with just about everything on the car and my engine bay doesn't look like it did when i bought it either, i've put new wheels and tires, disc brakes, rear end, springs, shocks, ignition system, carb, etc....  mostly because i just wasn't happy with it's total performance and that was all my choice.   I could have just cleaned up some wiring and drove the car but i can't leave anything alone.  Most of my changes were my choice.

Like I said i am not unhappy with the car, just expected a little too much for what I paid for.  If you have a chance to go down there and look at his shop and visit with him, that would probably the best thing to do and talk with him and see his product first hand, then make your choice.

He has sold 2 cars to Ben Jones(cooter)  and Ben is extremely happy with his GL's.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

MOPARHOUND!

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

charger01

Quote from: Judhudson on January 09, 2007, 09:13:25 PM

However, you do want to contact Professor Patrick, from Scotlea Idol Rods.  He's based in Oklahoma, and creates some of the nicest replicas around.  Check out his website here:  http://www.scotleaidolrods.com/

I would definately go with Patrick.  He is a great guy and upfront and honest about everything.  He will build you a car to your custom liking and not rape you with the price.  His cars are top notch. 

bull

Quote from: charger01 on January 10, 2007, 12:17:52 PM
Quote from: Judhudson on January 09, 2007, 09:13:25 PM

I would definately go with Patrick.  He is a great guy and upfront and honest about everything.  He will build you a car to your custom liking and not rape you with the price.  His cars are top notch. 

When you're talking about Patrick I hope you're not referring to this ass clown, formerly of hlpag: http://sillypatrick.bravehost.com/hlpag1.htm

charger01

Patrick Hagerman.  No affiliation with HLPAG whatsoever.  Check out some of his cars at his Oklahoma based website.  Heck of a nice guy, and he knows his stuff.