News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FASTEST DODGE AT DAYTONA TESTING

Started by BLACKWOLF, January 08, 2007, 08:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACKWOLF

LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

mikepmcs

He's not bad.  How did Elliot Sadler do.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

BLACKWOLF

26. Riggs
28. Labonte
31. Riggs
35. Kayne
36. B. Elliot
37. Sorenson
47. Kayne

Elliot Sadler is in the next group.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

dads_69

18th ? I don't see how that makes the guy the fastest. Were I come from, being first means, your the fastest=winner. 2nd place is for first place losers, I have no idea what 18th means, hahaha.......I don't understand nascar anyways, bunch of guys driving in a circle, thats what I call redneck racing.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Todd Wilson

Quote from: dads_69 on January 08, 2007, 08:48:12 PM
18th ? I don't see how that makes the guy the fastest. Were I come from, being first means, your the fastest=winner. 2nd place is for first place losers, I have no idea what 18th means, hahaha.......I don't understand nascar anyways, bunch of guys driving in a circle, thats what I call redneck racing.
Mark

Go back in your igloo!   :icon_smile_big:

Todd

RD

Quote from: dads_69 on January 08, 2007, 08:48:12 PM
Mark

ummm... he is the fastest of all the dodge's testing at daytona  :icon_smile_wink:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

dads_69

Okay, so what was his speed record then? I don't keep up on nascar, I just had to ask though since the topic states 18th. Thanks RD. Todd, go put some more WD40 on your truck!  :nana:
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

BLACKWOLF

Tony Raines is fastest with 183.97 mph

Reed is 18th with 182.21 mph
I'M ON FACEBOOK

hemigeno

Dodge fell into that trap about wanting to be the fastest out on the track when they first got back into Cup racing.  That gets you some good press leading up to the race, but hardly anyone remembers that a car was fast in qualifying.  It ONLY matters who does well on race day.

If the Dodges handle better in traffic but are slower in qualifying, that's a much better combination to be honest. 

I would wait to reserve judgement until the cars get fitted in race trim and start drafting.  Oh, and the teams have been known to sandbag too at this stage of the season.  This is when you'll see a lot of Tier II teams at the top of the speed charts, but I expect a lot of improvement when the "real" racing season starts.

:Twocents: