News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Turn the key she starts, release the key she dies...

Started by toast007, January 01, 2007, 11:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

Oh...okay....that way when my orange box DOES go out...I'll know which to get.

Chryco Psycho

the Old Orange boxes seem to be fine , the newer ones made in Mexico seem to be the juck ones

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on January 03, 2007, 08:33:13 PM
MSD does not run a ballast (probably some others too).

Well, when I installed my MSD-6 the directions included placing a ballast resistor.  The funny thing about my setup is that I now have TWO resistor's-the one on the firewall and one mounted close to the coil.  Are you guys saying that I can just...take these things out?  I'm wondering what that would or could do...

Ghoste

Really?  I have a 6AL and there is definitely no ballast in mine nor did the instructions indicate to use one.  Could it be an older version, I haven't had mine that long?

Chryco Psycho

you can eliminate 1 ballast for sure running 2 you may have 4-5 v at the coil

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on January 05, 2007, 10:20:32 AM
Really?  I have a 6AL and there is definitely no ballast in mine nor did the instructions indicate to use one.  Could it be an older version, I haven't had mine that long?

Maybe so, I got my 6AL back in, oh '95?  Ancient history for me.  Oh, and what's that about having only 4-5 volts at the coil with the two ballasts?!

Ghoste

I think CP is talking about when you have the dual ballast setup and you run one half of it with the MSD.  I think.

myk

So how many volts are you supposed to have at the coil?