News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Trans rebuilders in so california

Started by thallium, January 04, 2007, 12:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thallium

Anyone know of any good trans rebuilders in southern California area?  I had a stock rebuild done on my trans in the 68 charger and it's not acting right.  First it would go into second and feel like the e-brake was on, then that cleared up and now i have no reverse. It may be from all the hard driving I've been doing on it. I have about 10,000 miles of semi hard to cruising miles on it, so i would like to find someone that can build me a bullet proof trans that can handle at least 450 ft - 500 ft lbs or more of torque without having to worry.

Ghoste

Is John Kunkel in SoCal?  That's who I'd want if he's nearby.

oldkimmer

sounds like all the lining has come off the rear band, common on relined bands........causing metal to metal contact with the rear drum which was causing your dragging problem, evevtually wearing down creating to much clearance between the rear band and drum, which the the rear servo cannot push the band against the drum to apply reverse.....If I was within a reasonable distance to ship u a built tranny I would, but freight will be a killer.........good luck with finding a good builder.........ask around at race tracks who builds the mopar guys trannys, then u will find da man.........kim
Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!