News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do I decipher the build date on a 727..

Started by hemi68charger, January 07, 2007, 03:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I see from a previous thread that the numbers on a 727 mean.. Now, how does one decipher the build date? Example from the for-mentioned thread is :

2582 is the build date August 22, 1968

How is that?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

It's from a 10,000 day calender.   So 2582 is the 2,582 day in the calender and it translates to that normal date. 

hemi68charger

Thanks guys.... That's a pretty cool link........  0001 = July,29, 1961......... Cool !!!!
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi-hampton

Why not just use a normal regular date, Why make it Complicated? Stupid in my opinion. LEON. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Ghoste

I'm only guessing, but since build date information was primarily for vendors use  (quality control, warranty issues, engineering changes etc.) there was no need for anything but whatever each vendor found to their own liking.
To make matters worse, is there are more varities of date codes than this and some parts coming from the same manufacturer utilize a different way of showing the date.
But I do agree, a standardized way would be easier for us restoring them today.

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi-hampton on January 07, 2007, 11:53:14 PM
Why not just use a normal regular date, Why make it Complicated? Stupid in my opinion. LEON. :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Making the simple things complicated happened to be one of Chrysler's specialties back then...  Probably still is today, too!