News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

72 charger tail lights

Started by dreamcatcher, January 04, 2007, 05:40:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Quote from: dreamcatcher on January 05, 2007, 01:16:56 PM
I wondered why there was so much putty in that area of the car.The vinyl top is off my carand the trim is also gone.So I need to find that as well.So then body parts from the 71-74 fit the 72? Or am I wrong.And would someone have a close up shot of the badge that is on the roof panel just behind the quarter glass?I guess I don't have this either lol...

Alot of things interchange from 71/72 and alot of things between 73/74.  The cars changed alot from 72-73 even if you cant tell it just by looking.  They are still the same overall bodystyle though, and alot of parts do interchange.  It just depends what it is...  If you want to go back to a 72 SE roofline though, that is the only year and model of car you will be able to get those parts from.  Ive got the trim for a 73 but that doesnt help you any, its completely different. 

dreamcatcher

I am sure happy with all the information.I have one problem solved...can anyone out there tell me where I might score the full set of molding for the 72 SE full vinyl top and the badging that goes on the side or a picture of said badging.Does anyone make repair panels for the lower rear quarters and over the rear wheels?Most sites I have looked at only make them for the earlier models or later challengers.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Charger1973

There are repro quarters out there but most people have told me they are junk.  I dont know from experience.  They are for 73/74 but some have used them for lower patch panels on 71/72s before. 

I have a lead that might help you on some 72 SE trim i'll PM you with the info. 

dreamcatcher

I have hand formed patch panels for cars that they were not available.It is a pain but will work.And mine are not swiss cheese.They have a small amount of bubbling is all.I might just make some panels.Thanks just thought I might not be looking in the right place for parts.
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

Charger1973

There are places that sell the 73/74 panels, I think Year One and The Paddock sell them.  But they supposedly dont fit right, I cant say myself since im not to that point yet.