News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have vintage mag articles on '68 Hemi Chargers or the '69 Hemi C500?

Started by hemi68charger, January 05, 2007, 07:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey everyone...

Doing some more research here... Anyone have vintage mag articles on '68 Hemi Chargers or the '69 Hemi C500? I believe the later was in Car and Driver?

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

hemi68charger

Yeah.... I'm trying to make sure my plating/painting in my '68 engine compartment is correct.. One example, I know for the power disc brake cars, both the Bendix booster and master cylinder were together and painted a semi-gloss to satin black.. But, on the power drum cars, was the master cylinder painted along with the booster? My '68 is a power drum car.........

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Ghoste

I'll look through what magazine articles I have here but so far it's hard to tell.  They're all black and white lol.

Neal_J

Troy:

I have saved virtually every Charger article/picture from about 1990 to present in several binders. 

Let me know if you are interested and I can scan/email what you need.

Neal

hemi68charger

Quote from: Neal_J on January 05, 2007, 11:30:37 AM
Troy:

I have saved virtually every Charger article/picture from about 1990 to present in several binders. 

Let me know if you are interested and I can scan/email what you need.

Neal

Hey Neal..

Thanks... Anything do do with '68 and '69 engine bays and in particular, hemi equipped........  I can tell from some pictures, like the one below, the master cylinder was painted back along with the booster because of the shine.......

Oh yeah, my email is thawkes@houston.rr.com

Troy

Ghoste

I had always thought that all the master cylinders were unfinished.  Apparently not though.

bordin34

Here are two pictures of magazine articles that are in a charger book. The book is great its just magazine articles from varoius years about most chargers.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

hemi68charger

Quote from: bordin34 on January 05, 2007, 03:24:42 PM
Here are two pictures of magazine articles that are in a charger book. The book is great its just magazine articles from varoius years about most chargers.

Thanks.. That's the C500 article I'm referring to...... I'll have to dig somewhere, I believe I have that in the comprehensive collection I have that's similiar to the mag. you have there.....

Troy
Troy

THE CHARGER PUNK

i have a soft cover book thats all in black and white and it features a article from testing a white 68 hemi charger r/t, ill look for it 2day-MATT

Neal_J

Troy:

I have hundred of pics from articles.  I'll review the 68-69 engine pics over the weekend and scan several of the hemi engine bays.

Neal

6pkrunner

Troy - I have about 15 road tests scanned and guess what - not a '68 or '69 Charger in the works. But of all the magazines I have, I'm sure there has to be a few road tests of each. Locating them...well that's another story. :icon_smile_big:

UFO

Troy I have the Car and Driver issue with a 68 hemi charger Road test.NO engine photos.
I`m sure I have others.I`ll track pics some down.

UFO

6pkrunner

Troy,
I should have posted a couple of pictures from 1968 GTXs and 1969 GTXs that clearly show the drum brake cars with power have the cadium (natural) finished boosters. The disc brake cars show the painted booster.

I just reread the thread, and thought you only wanted Charger shots.

6pkrunner

A couple of real quickies here Troy.

First a road test of a 1969.5 road runner. No discs available on them. You can just see the top of the cadium plated booster.

Next a 1969 GTX with drums. you can see the cad booster. I'll keep looking for actual Charger ones, but the precedent has been set. And the tests with discs all have the black booster.

UFO

Found a few as well..
The 69 is an unrestored car.

UFO

UFO

hemi68charger

Quote from: UFO on January 05, 2007, 07:35:24 PM
Found a few as well..
The 69 is an unrestored car.

Wow,,, looks like a 4-speed car since it has the Prestolite distributor and maybe T7 like Dana?...
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: 6pkrunner on January 05, 2007, 07:08:39 PM
Troy,
I should have posted a couple of pictures from 1968 GTXs and 1969 GTXs that clearly show the drum brake cars with power have the cadium (natural) finished boosters. The disc brake cars show the painted booster.

I just reread the thread, and thought you only wanted Charger shots.

Mike, the unique thing about the hemi cars, even with drums, they still had the bendix booster unlike everthing else, which had the Midland Ross cadium plated version... So, for the brakes, it's hard coming up with an image of a hemi-drum car.

Thanks guys !!!!!!   Is that '68 Charger hemi R/T from Missouri? Maybe St. Louis? Maybe my car? :icon_smile_big:  Oh well, nice try.. Too bad they didn't use color back then more.....

Troy
Troy

tan top

:o          (UFO)  never seen these before  thanks for posting .   that must be some collection you have there  :yesnod:  would like to see more  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Troy