News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68-70 charger emblems

Started by chargerman68, March 01, 2007, 03:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

trying to buy some emblems for the grill(r/t) sail panel, tailpaner(charger with r/t)

question is can i use any of the 60-70 charger emblems,dont care about being 68 only correct but dont want to be to off the mark on them.thanks
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

UFO

Are they not available as a repo?

Chatt69chgr

Year One used to stock these emblems.  I got the front and rear R/T's from them.  The sail panel "Charger" emblem is supposedly available from the dealer still.  It was originally listed as p/n 2841885 and 6 as a left and right but was superceded by only 2842886 and now by P2841886.  Which means it went up in price 10% on Jan 1 along with every other performance part.  Funny how this part was available for 35 years as a regular part but now it's a performance part.

chargerman68

tight buget yr-1 prices r hard to handle,ebay is cheaper just need to find them
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Hemidog

bought my emblems from this guy: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-DODGE-CORONET-R-T-FENDER-EMBLEM-MOPAR-68-NEW_W0QQitemZ270093100902QQihZ017QQcategoryZ34204QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Very nice emblems, that one is for a coronet, but send him a message, i bet he has more charger emblems.

Chatt69chgr

Well, the Charger Sail panel emblems as well as the R/T emblem referenced above are both theoretically still available from the dealer.  Both are listed as "performance" parts.  Just put the P in from of the old non-performance part number.  Look at the guy's ebay add for the Mopar number for the R/T emblem.  Dealer wholesale on each of these would be about $30.  The ebay sellers price for the R/T emblem is pretty good depending on his shipping and handling charge.  My dealer will order most any part for me at pretty close to wholesale.  But you can mailorder from http://www.moparpartz.com/ and get the same deal.  I don't know what their minimum order is but I think they normally deal with bigger fish than us so be nice to them.  I like to use their website to look up part numbers to see if they are still theoretically available.  Just because they are on there doesn't mean there are any still in stock though.  Could be the number is still active but there is no inventory.