News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How sad-my bare bones 69 R/T is rough -how rough take a look

Started by mopars4life, June 25, 2006, 07:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AirborneSilva

Thanks, and yes I will be doing most of the work (well I want to try and do all the work but we will see).  Someone did post pics of some of the rip-off  artists at HLPAG, so it is floating around the site somewhere. 

I hope to start collecting parts soon to start doing something on it, as of now it is sitting at the in-laws but hopefully soon I will have a way to tow it home then I can take a good look at it and see where I can/should start. 

Good luck getting your's going, hopefully everything goes smooth for you and be sure to take/post lots of pics  ;D

Charger_Fan

Quote from: mopars4life on July 09, 2006, 06:33:15 PM
I wish someone had a mugshot of them to post (if they haven't all ready) so everyone can put a face to their name. 
I don't know who is who in this pic (other than the famaliar looking lady in the middle :icon_smile_wink:), but this is them.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

mikepmcs

makes sense their shirts say BONDO!  they are keeping that company in business. :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mopars4life

Thanks for the pic-now we know who to associate the term bondo buggy with.  I am surprised they haven't been kicked off of ebay yet-I know that their username is 440VCode and the feedback is private (surprise on that one). 

I hope no one else gets taken by these guys.  The hobby is expensive enough-no need to rape people and lie.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: mopars4life on July 10, 2006, 06:21:37 PM
Thanks for the pic-now we know who to associate the term bondo buggy with.  I am surprised they haven't been kicked off of ebay yet-I know that their username is 440VCode and the feedback is private (surprise on that one). 

I hope no one else gets taken by these guys.  The hobby is expensive enough-no need to rape people and lie.

I filed a complaint with e-bay but it did absolutely no good at all....

Dan T

Quote from: mopars4life on June 29, 2006, 10:29:31 AM
I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what your skill level is.  If I can keep another R/T alive I will. 
Couldn't agree with you more!
I woulg try and save that one as well.
Good luck with the restos!!
I'm also working on a '72 Demon I bought in HS.

CHEERS!! :icon_smile_big:
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Good luck on the save.. You've come to the right place in order to get the parts and experience you need.........

Cheers,
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

THE CHARGER PUNK

man that car would look sweet restored, i like that trim that runs down the hole body from fender the the quarter R/T emblem-MATT

BlueSS454

For a little positive reinforcement, your car is in better shape than mine was.  I installed new floors, trunk, drop offs, outer wheelhouses, quarters, outer rockers, rear panel, corners, had to cut out the upper quarter shelves from a junkyard car and fit them in, fabricate all kinds of other pieces that are part of the inner structure, reform the radiator support, make pieces to repair the door skins, make pieces to repair the hood jamb area on the fenders, install a patch and brace on the left fender, repair all kinds of rot holes in the hood, the list goes on and on.  I have about 700+ hours of my time and it's still over a month away from begin ready for paint.  When I started tearing into it, I found pieces of tin riveted all over the place and mud on the quarters that was over an inch thick in some places.  Quarters grafted on top of old quarters, it was truly a mess.  Just take your time and be patient with it and it will all come together.
Tom Rightler