News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Side Trim on Charger R/T SE??

Started by pete, January 02, 2007, 04:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pete

Has anyone ever seen this before?  After sand blasting, we noticed several small holes along the side of the body.  It almost looks like there could have been a trim piece. ???

Neal_J

I had similar on my 69.  It was dealier-applied side molding - aluminum track with rubber bump strip in middle pop-riveted to car- to protect against parking lot dings.  Dealer applied prior to delivery to original owner. 

Can't say it worked very well and It looked horrible, so I removed it during the resto and welded the mounting holes. 

Neal

Troy

Just what exactly are you sandblasting? Is this a new car or are these old pictures of your black car?

Oh, the trim isn't factory installed as far as I know. I had to take some off a fender I bought.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

still a couple cars around with the side trim.

THE CHARGER PUNK

personally i like that look of that trim

Charger-Bodie

assuming were on the same page about these being the alluminum channel deals i would have to say def not factory ......my dad had a body shop when i was growing up and he installed tons of that trim , just cut it to length for each panel slip the fancy little ends on DRILL  holes rivet them on snap in the strip of youre choice [color options] and viola they in my opinion were way better than the stick on crap cause they looked somewhat oem but antleast the stick on junk just pulls right off when its time to make it right
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Old Moparz

I never liked side trim on any car except for maybe an older car from the 50's that had a two tone paint job. My Scamp had the stick on trim when I got it, & eventually it started to peel off at the ends. I am glad there were no holes drilled for rivets because I eventually had the car repainted.

With side trim:

Without side trim:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

pete

Thanks guys. 

Troy - Yes, this is the black car during resto.  No new toys.  In fact, I'm getting married this year, so I doubt there are too many new toys in my future!

Old Moparz

Quote from: pete on January 03, 2007, 09:08:54 AM
Thanks guys. 

Troy - Yes, this is the black car during resto.  No new toys.  In fact, I'm getting married this year, so I doubt there are too many new toys in my future!

Make a deal with the wife, when she wants something for herself, you get something for the car. A prenuptial kind of thing.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TylerCharger69

Quote from: Brock Samson on January 03, 2007, 02:22:58 AM
still a couple cars around with the side trim.

Yeah...I've seen quite a few '68's with that identical trim on them....I haven't seen a '69 with it though.    I think it looks butt-ugly myself

Brock Samson