News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hood treatment on a 68? was it ever available?

Started by Charger-Bodie, January 01, 2007, 02:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

just wondering if the hood treatment option was ever available on a 68 charger ? thanks brian
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RECHRGD

If your talking about the 440 decals, NO.  They were a 1970 or late 1969 option I believe.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: RECHRGD on January 01, 2007, 03:05:17 PM
If your talking about the 440 decals, NO.  They were a 1970 or late 1969 option I believe.  Bob

accually ijust meen the the blackout from the hood swoops back onto the cowl
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

RECHRGD

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 01, 2007, 03:09:41 PM
Quote from: RECHRGD on January 01, 2007, 03:05:17 PM

accually ijust meen the the blackout from the hood swoops back onto the cowl

I'll stick with the same answer.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Charger-Bodie

thats kinda what i thought to but i was considering doing it in flat black on my black r/t clone but id feel better about it even if there were only a couple produced

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

1969 started with the V21 hood performance treatment......

Quote from: 1hot68 on January 01, 2007, 03:24:19 PM
thats kinda what i thought to but i was considering doing it in flat black on my black r/t clone but id feel better about it even if there were only a couple produced

I think it would look cool regardless :icon_smile_cool:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Absolutely!  Unless you're trying to get OE certified platinum or whatever at the Mopar Nats, do whatever you want with your car when it comes to adding options it never had.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on January 01, 2007, 05:29:53 PM
Absolutely!  Unless you're trying to get OE certified platinum or whatever at the Mopar Nats, do whatever you want with your car when it comes to adding options it never had.

thats what i think too but i ussually try to stick with things from the model year but i dont know maybe :shruggy: :scratchchin:

dkn1997

I don't know if they came standard or if even available, but I bought blackout decals from year one a long time ago.  they are for just the little impressions to the inside sides of the hood turnsignals, on the vertical plane.  not the full horizontal impressions like later years.    I never put them on, but they are black.   baby hood treatments?  you decide.

RECHRGED

RECHRGD

Quote from: dkn1997 on January 02, 2007, 08:00:14 AM
I don't know if they came standard or if even available, but I bought blackout decals from year one a long time ago. they are for just the little impressions to the inside sides of the hood turnsignals, on the vertical plane. not the full horizontal impressions like later years. I never put them on, but they are black. baby hood treatments? you decide.

Those were standard on the '68's.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

6pkrunner

Its your car - do what you like on it. I didn't find the Charger hood blackout as easy on the eyes as the other models as they really worked the hood scallops hard, but it is a unique stlying touch. You like it - go for it.

dkn1997

Quote from: RECHRGD on January 02, 2007, 09:10:33 AM
Quote from: dkn1997 on January 02, 2007, 08:00:14 AM
I don't know if they came standard or if even available, but I bought blackout decals from year one a long time ago. they are for just the little impressions to the inside sides of the hood turnsignals, on the vertical plane. not the full horizontal impressions like later years. I never put them on, but they are black. baby hood treatments? you decide.

Those were standard on the '68's.   Bob

maybe I don't look, but I almost never see one with them installed.  seems like they don't get reapplied after a repaint.  debating whether or not to install mine.
RECHRGED

hotrod98

Surely you're making a few changes here and there. Most people do. For instance, I never put 14" wheels and tires back on any of my cars. I know that's what came stock most of the time, but they're not for me. On my b-bodies, I always go with the 15" magnum 500's instead of the regular magnums. Personal preference. Most people would look at some of my cars and still think that they're stock.
I say do it, since 99.9 % of the people, including most mopar guys as well would never know the decals aren't correct.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

bull

The '68s didn't need it, but as the car started getting uglier in '69 they fealt the need to dress it up a little. :devil: :D

6pkrunner

Quote from: bull on January 02, 2007, 04:36:14 PM
The '68s didn't need it, but as the car started getting uglier in '69 they fealt the need to dress it up a little. :devil: :D

And further typed proof that prolonged '68 ownership does indeed restrict and begin to diminish viable cranial activity. ;D

Just 6T9 CHGR

Ouch!!  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 02, 2007, 07:49:47 PM
Ouch!!  :rotz:
Quote from: 6pkrunner on January 02, 2007, 07:31:00 PM

And further typed proof that prolonged '68 ownership does indeed restrict and begin to diminish viable cranial activity. ;D

:nana: :lol: :lolexplode: I couldn't pass that one up. lol

Blakcharger440

I have never seen a true factory hood treatment on a 69 either. Was it just a black out or did they use the 440 and other call outs also? Was it the same V21 option or another code?
Are there any actual real documented ones out there?

This option seems to only been available in 1970.

I guess this is possible since there is a guy in our club who has a 70 RT charger that came factory with a 69 style tail stripe.

THE CHARGER PUNK

the topless 68 charger concept had the 69 v-21 treatment with the ''70'' 440 decal on the drivers side scallop

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 02, 2007, 10:12:57 PM
I have never seen a true factory hood treatment on a 69 either. Was it just a black out or did they use the 440 and other call outs also? Was it the same V21 option or another code?
Are there any actual real documented ones out there?

This option seems to only been available in 1970.

I guess this is possible since there is a guy in our club who has a 70 RT charger that came factory with a 69 style tail stripe.

Do a search here for "V21" and you'll come up with a few threads.

As of now I have 15 Chargers registered with the V21 option out of 1175......pretty low #
Looking here you will see a few examples I have on my site

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/69chargers?page=10
Chris' '69 Charger R/T