News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

anybody try the pro-flo EFI yet?

Started by IBsmokin, July 22, 2005, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IBsmokin

I was thinking about converting to fuel injection system, has anybody tried the eldebrocks pro-flo EFI system yet on their mopar engines yet?

Chryco Psycho

no one I know has tried it , not enough specs on the system for my taste

Ghoste

I'd like to see someone engineer a setup specifically with Mopars in mind.  Many times, Edelbrock take products developed for their Chev customers and try to adapt them to Chrysler.  Not always, and I admittedly don't know what approach they took with their EFI.

firefighter3931

I just spoke with a guy who installed one on his Mopar. He had it out the other night at a cruise in and yes, the car is a Charger  :icon_smile_big: He was the only charger there as a matter of fact  :yesnod:

His impressions: awesome were the words he used. He has the whole package....fuel injection unit, alum inum heads, cam etc...

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

Was he familiar with fuel mapping already?  I would need a system that is REALLY easy to tune because fuel mapping just intimidates the hell outta me.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ghoste on July 23, 2005, 06:42:40 AM
Was he familiar with fuel mapping already?   I would need a system that is REALLY easy to tune because fuel mapping just intimidates the hell outta me.

Not sure on the fuel mapping....he didn't do the install. A local shop dialed it in. There is a small brain sitting on the dash that he can use to adjust the fuel curve....he thought that it was pretty "neat". I didn't get the impression he was very knowledgeable on the subject. If you're interested, i can get the name of the shop that did the install and forward the info.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Lowprofile

I have a friend who just put it on his 69' RoadRunner last month......He loves it! Makes the car much more "driveable". Also in the plan is to add an overdrive transmission [automatic]. Took the car on a 350 mile road trip 2 wks ago....had no problems. I think that I will go with the EFI setup for my 70 R/T. Sometimes, technology is a good thing.   :yesnod:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

Very much so.  It isn't alwys that easy for me to learn it but fortunately, most of the new tech has been designed with people like me in mind.  I'd like to see more Mopar specific products out there and I'd have to say that it seems like there are many more than at one time.  One time anything other than Direct Connection pretty much guaranteed you were going to get a Chev product with Mopar bolt hole patterns.  Of course, thepeople who develop the new technology wil complain and tell you that Moapr people won't step up in the numbers they need to give them a reduced price.
If the Edelbrock unit is working that's great thing.  It seems like guys have been adapting units to Chryslers for a few years now and that is a headache I wouldn't want to take on.

Lowprofile

I am a pretty fair "shadetree mechanic" and can do most things ok. But I suck at things like carb tuning. So I say thank god for EFI!!
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

71 Charger freak

I bought a 71 Charger with a fuel injected 440 last summer.  The system is a Haltech from Australia with a Holley throttle body.  I'm definitely still trying to learn about the MAPS and how to tune it but it is a struggle since everything is done with a laptop--not so safe driving WOT looking at a computer screen!  I'm planning on taking it to a local speed shop with a chassis dyno so they can try and dial the thing in.  We'll see what happens...

Rolling_Thunder

Pro-Flo is a good system...    if you never modify it...     it does not accept forced induction of any kind nor does it have a great tuning ability like a XFI system...      I would agree it is a graeat value for a EFI system for a driver...     :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Lostsheep

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 13, 2007, 03:04:32 AM
Pro-Flo is a good system...    if you never modify it...     it does not accept forced induction of any kind nor does it have a great tuning ability like a XFI system... 

Well I just fixin to ask if it would accept a turbo....Do we know of a system that does?

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: Lostsheep on July 13, 2007, 10:05:52 PM
Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on July 13, 2007, 03:04:32 AM
Pro-Flo is a good system...    if you never modify it...     it does not accept forced induction of any kind nor does it have a great tuning ability like a XFI system... 

Well I just fixin to ask if it would accept a turbo....Do we know of a system that does?

XFI, Holley's system, Megasquirt...     almost any other universal fuel management system can accept boost...     pro-flo does not...     Edelbrock's newer system might...    but i dont know if it is out yet...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip