News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just a hypothetical thought for fun...

Started by TruckDriver, December 31, 2006, 11:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

Today, unlike 25 years ago or more, the car builders seem to keep a body style around for about 10 years at a time without any major changes. Another words, look at the '67 through '70 Coronets. Every year was totally different then the previous year vs. the Current Charger, 300 or even the Mustang. So, I was talking to someone yesterday on this just to pass time, and we were thinking about this. IF they did the same thing from day one of car building, and kept the same body styles around for about 8 to 10 years before changing them, including the technology in cars/trucks, what years of design (era), would we be driving right now. Would we be driving the 50s style of cars yet like I'm thinking? I realize that some cars did keep the same body style around for like 3 or 4 years (Chargers) before change, but most changed every one or two years. And then, the builders started to slack off on the yearly body change in the late 70s. What are your thoughts? Would of been nice if they did keep the body styles of the '68 - '74 Mopars around for at least 8 years.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P