News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The first '69 Charger?

Started by hemi68charger, December 29, 2006, 08:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

1. The mysterious hole by the wiper motor is there !!!!!!  I saw my first in real life.. lol
2. Has a '68 version dash pad
3. Has '68 version heater controls
4. Was told the woodgrain instrument paneling was original
and
5. Has the black button typical of the '68 model year..

What was different between the 68 and 69 heater controls? 
Same question with the Dash pad
regarding #5; what black button are you speaking of? The door handle? just wondering since mine was built early sept 68 and has a black button too. 

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

69-DodgeCharger

i thought that r/t's didnt come with vinyl tops?  ???

Brock Samson

69-DodgeCharger

well it would just appeal to me more to have a hardtop on a car with that much power

Lord Warlock

All R/Ts had the option of vinyl top, in varied colors.  Our tops are just as hard as one without one, ours is just more stylish ;D.  We are also just as powerful.  Then again, i've never had one fly off the car either. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

JimShine

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 24, 2007, 02:40:12 PM
1. The mysterious hole by the wiper motor is there !!!!!!  I saw my first in real life.. lol
2. Has a '68 version dash pad
3. Has '68 version heater controls
4. Was told the woodgrain instrument paneling was original
and
5. Has the black button typical of the '68 model year..

What was different between the 68 and 69 heater controls? 
Same question with the Dash pad
regarding #5; what black button are you speaking of? The door handle? just wondering since mine was built early sept 68 and has a black button too. 

Lord Warlock

The black button refers to the door handle button. But almost every original 1969 Mopar I have seen has black.

1968 standard heater controls

1969/1970 standard controls

The 1968 top pad points out in the middle. The 1969-70 is straight across.

dpm68

Well raise my rent...I learn something new here everyday!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

694spdRT

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 25, 2007, 08:50:25 AM
Nice descriptons Jim :thumbs:
:iagree:

I'm rather fond of that last interior pic for some reason.  ;) :icon_smile_wink:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Brock Samson

Quote from: 69-DodgeCharger on January 24, 2007, 10:42:32 PM
well it would just appeal to me more to have a hardtop on a car with that much power

that's a GOOD ONE!!!  :smilielol:

CHASWINGMAN2

Quote from: Lord Warlock on January 24, 2007, 11:23:41 PM
All R/Ts had the option of vinyl top, in varied colors.  Our tops are just as hard as one without one, ours is just more stylish ;D.  We are also just as powerful.  Then again, i've never had one fly off the car either. 

When I bought my first Charger, back in the day, I had a maiden voyage of 6 miles to get it home.  I hit the interstate like a kid without fear,  the blue lights came on pretty quick, not for speeding, but for littering.  The Kentucky trooper wanted to ticket me for littering, as my vinyl top was coming off in large sheets.  My buddy Frank and I spent the next 45 minutes picking up trash along I-75 to appease the cop.  He was kinda cool though, no ticket and wished me luck with my rusty Charger.  Good thing he didn't notice the rust flying off the car as well.
   The funny thing is, I've never had an easy time of removing a vinyl top since then, they always require a lot of effort to remove, Oh Well.
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T