News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dad's Charger Christmas Present

Started by B5 Charger, December 24, 2006, 03:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B5 Charger

This Christmas I decided to recreate the car that started my Charger frenzy.  My Dad's silver & white '68 that he sold back in the late 70's.  I started off with an Ertl Bullitt Charger, stripped it down and rebuilt.  Had to use a bullitt Charger because it is the only car with the wheels & tires like Dad's.  Hope he likes it.

B5 Charger

Here's some more pic's.  I had to remove the R/T emblems and paint on the arrows because Dad's was a 383 4bbl model.  Also added an antenna from another model because the Bullitt Charger's don't have one.  I made the Charger C-pillar scripts on my computer.  I didn't like the parking lights so I stole some chrome one's off a '69 and painted them with amber turn signal paint.   :icon_smile_cool:

B5 Charger

For the interior I just repainted it white and then detailed everything.  Help's having my own Charger so I know how everything is supposed to look.

B5 Charger

Undercarriage was just detail painted.  Nothing fancy.

Back N Black

B5 Charger

The engine was sprayed with the correct turquois paint to match.  I added an air cleaner decal, pcv hose and spark plug wires.  Also decided to wire the battery and put in some heater hoses.  Finally I ran the vacuum hoses for the headlights from the D/S firewall all the way out to the grill support.  There was a lot more I wanted to do but time was working against me.   :-\

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

nice were did you get that?  I would love to have one of those.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger-Bodie

thats nicer than some of the real chargers ive seen!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Judhudson

B5 Charger

Thanks for all the compliments!  41husk you can't buy this one in stores.  I had to make it out of a '68 Bullitt car.   Dad was pretty excited about it when he opened it last night.  Well worth all my efforts.  :icon_smile_big:

HeavyFuel

Nice work!  As an old model builder myself, I can appreciate how much work goes into something like that.  I 'm glad your Pop liked it.  That color combination was probably pretty sharp in real life.

lookin@my68

Great work B5!

Did you have to fill in the 69 reverse lights in the rear valance or was it already correct??

B5 Charger

I had to fill in the reverse lights.  All the '68 Charger Ertl models I have seen are incorrect.  I would have liked to have done more to it but I ran out of time so I called it good.  Now I need to do a model of mine.   :icon_smile_big:

MOPARHOUND!

Cool post.

Neat color combination.  Don't recall ever seeing a Silver/White color combo before.

Have a 69 GTX model custom painted Silver/Black top.
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

4cruzin

Absolutely beautiful!  Nice detail! 
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

WheresMyCharger

Very nice work. A lot more detail went into that then what I did.Is your avitar like yours? That same picture was hanging in the local Dodge dealer when I bought my first 69 Charger off their used car lot in 1974. It was an inspiration for me to find one like that. In 1979 I found a 69 light blue Charger with black top. I painted it B5 and painted the vinyl top white with that rubberized paint used on bumper extensions in the 80's. I liked that color combo so much that I painted  my 70 Charger copper/white B5 also!

Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

B5 Charger

Mine is like the avatar.  It is a 383 2bbl with white top and interior.  It also came from the factory with magnums and white wall tires.  It's a dream come true for me.

PocketThunder

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o  Holy Crap!!  I went thru tons of model cars when i was a kid but never had the patience to do something that nice.....  Damn that looks good...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Magnumcharger

That model looks awesome!
And I could only wish my Dad was so cool as to have bought a Charger back in the day.
Instead, he bought a VW bus... :icon_smile_angry:

It's also nice to see somebody else modifying 1/18 scale Chargers.
Here's one I'm doing, making it into the "Topless" Charger showcar!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

B5 Charger

That looks like more of an undertaking than my project!   :o  Good luck and keep posting pic's as you go.

THE COLONEL

That is one of the best models I have seen.  That is GREAT WORK!!!
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"