News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible to re-locate wiper motor?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, December 28, 2006, 09:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

say you were building a nascar replica charger and u were using one of these air cleaners(see below) would it be possible to relocate thr wiper motor insde under the dash or some where outta the way?

Ghoste

Anything can be done.  Are you willing to fabricate whatever is necessary to do it is the question Matt?

kab69440

Theoretically, yes.  The mounting pad will need to be cut out and turned backwards, to face in. Then, you will need to make a plate to fill the gaping hole left behind, and stitch it in. Your mounting pad will need to set back from the firewall an inch and a half or so and be mounted very solidly, while allowing clearance for the wiper linkage. It will also need to be isolated from the chassis ground and wired to run in reverse. Personally, I'd deal with looking at the motor in my NASCAR clone.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Steve P.

I have thought about this for my 65' Coronet. I don't know if it would help, but,,,, my 65' has the wiper motor INSIDE the passenger compartment. You could possibly find an old 4-door Coronet in the bone yard and cut out what you will need. The wiper transmission will be different as the 65' has apposing wipers.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

John_Kunkel

There are aftermarket wiper kits that use a remote motor to cable drive the wipers, here's the one I have in my '57 New Yorker:

http://www.specialtypowerwindows.com/powerwiperkits.htm
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Rolling_Thunder

I believe NORWAY CHARGER used one of those kits with success - ask him about the setails on the installation
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip