News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone remember single headlight '57 300 from MCG?

Started by Dodge440Coronut, December 29, 2006, 12:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge440Coronut

I got to thinking about this article that was in MCG a few years ago and went looking for a pic of the car and can't find one anywhere.

The car was a '57 Chrysler 300C, from New Mexico I believe, it had dual front headlights instead of the quads they typically came with because they were banned where this car was bought. I also seem to remember the orginal owner working at Nasa's JPL (maybe had a plate frame that said JPL) and maybe the car was a special color? (I'm thinking it was kinda tan).

Anyone else remember this car, or better yet have a photo?

It's funny, I can't remember peoples names 5 minutes after meeting them, but I can remember all these obscure details I read about a car 3 years ago.......
Almost 2000 posts on the old site..... long time mopar guy

71charger_fan

I remember a feature on a '50s Mopar and the blurb about the headlights. I didn't remember specifically which make/model or which magazine. I sold most of my old Mopar magazines to another board member so I can't look for it for you.

Dodge440Coronut

Yeah, like a moron I sold all my old magazies because I remember most of the articles within their first sentance, wish I had saved some of those oddball articles like this one.....

kab69440

I remember it, vaguely. But, man, that is going to require a serious amount of digging.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Ghoste

Maybe shoot them an e-mail and ask which issue it was?  They may not respond but then again they might.

Brock Samson

dual headlights wouldn't have been on a "C" that was the later versions...
there's a 300 website...
but i want a 300 F convert red with the tan or white with the red int...  :yesnod:

Daytona R/T SE

Wasn't that article about an Imperial?  :shruggy:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge440Coronut

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 29, 2006, 12:49:01 PM
dual headlights wouldn't have been on a "C" that was the later versions...
there's a 300 website...
but i want a 300 F convert red with the tan or white with the red int...  :yesnod:

No, it was a '57 300C, that much I know. The reason it had single lights and the reason I kinda want to read back thru the article/get pics is because in most states, until 57/58 or so, quad headlights were banned because of their brightness. This car was either factory prepped or had dealer installed single headlight besels and lights becuase of such ban. The 300 site was no help at all, they didn't have any info on the car up, seems like they would though since it's such an oddball that I'm thinking about it 2/3 years later.  :-\

zstalker

Quote from: Dodge440Coronut on December 29, 2006, 03:27:35 PM
quad headlights were banned because of their brightness. This car was either factory prepped or had dealer installed single headlight besels and lights becuase of such ban.

man, they would have had a field day with our HID's now-a-days
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
I was wrong.
This changes everything.