News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

shipping glass?

Started by Bandit72, December 15, 2006, 04:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

is there any safe way to get glass shipped? (specifically a windsheild)

Thanks Ryan Olson
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Manfred318

A sturdy box and a crap load of bubble wrap.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

41husk

I would go to a local glass shop and ask them how they would ship it, they may even give you some materials.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

twilt

I wouldn`t even try to ship one. It will almost certainly get broken.   I took one out of my rental storage unit 3 weeks ago. Put it in the back of my truck, drove 1.5 miles home. When i got home it was broken.  You can get them repro from glass supply places, for a good price, so theres really no reason to ship one unless you are concerned about originality and date code stuff. 

Silver R/T

Had a few shipped to me, just wrapping it in rags and bubble wrap and of course they wrote Fragile on sides too. All the glass I got was in same condition day before it was shipped, perfect
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

derailed

Quote from: 72Rallye340-N96 on December 15, 2006, 10:15:58 PM
I wouldn`t even try to ship one. It will almost certainly get broken.   I took one out of my rental storage unit 3 weeks ago. Put it in the back of my truck, drove 1.5 miles home. When i got home it was broken.  You can get them repro from glass supply places, for a good price, so theres really no reason to ship one unless you are concerned about originality and date code stuff. 
:iagree: Had the same thing happen to me last week when I went to pick up my windshield I had at my mothers house for the GTO I just picked up. Lots of glass availible through PPG now.

purple70rt

I always try to sit the glass over an old tire with no wheel in it, seems to absorb bumps pretty good that way. Had a windshield make it 150 miles in my truck this way.

Dodge Don

I got mine through the auto glass shop locally. PPG ships it to them professionally and I just picked it up from the shop. Cost around $150 for a PPG windshield.