News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine/Transmission, Which should I put in first?

Started by WH23G3G, December 26, 2006, 11:30:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

Once I finish with the suspension if it's a good time I want to go ahead and put in the engine and transmission. However, in my situation I will only be able to put in one at a time as my garage ceiling will not permit me to put the engine/trans in together. The whole rear of the car is off, so it wouldn't be easy to pull the car outside, it took 4 of us to originally push it in the garage when it was all together. So should I put the transmission in first or the engine? I was kinda worried about dropping the whole car down without the transmission in and hooked up since it could roll forward. I wouldn't feel comfortable even if wheel chocks, because the car is pointed right toward my neighbors dinning room. Maybe also if I have the engine/transmission in, it will motivate me to hurry and finish the rear end and get it moving under it's own power again.

RD

I would wait until you had your rearend in prior to installing an engine and transmission... just my two cents.  not saying it cannot be done, but sometimes it is nice to know that you can adjust your vehicle to accommodate engine trans angles and positioning.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TylerCharger69

Maybe  install engine and trans from underneath?......In other words....lower the car  onto it???

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on December 27, 2006, 11:35:52 AM
Maybe  install engine and trans from underneath?......In other words....lower the car  onto it???

yea both at the same time
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up