News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hood pins: your opinion?

Started by CB, August 31, 2005, 05:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeBoy

Third gens yes, second gens no. That is just my opinion, but if you like em go for it, but later if you decide that you don't like them it is a pain to repair, not to mention how hard a good hood is to come by.
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

ron73440

I like 'em and when I replace my bent stock hood with a 'glass one, I'm puttin' them in
I LIKE BEER!!!
USMC

Blusmbl

I'm putting hood pins on mine, mostly because I had issues with my hood hinges breaking in the past, and it somewhat screwed up the edge of my otherwise intact and non-rusty original hood.  Now I have a fiberglass hood for mine, and I'm going to do it lift-off style.

However, I'm debating on where to put the pins.  The last owner of my hood put them too far inboard, IMHO.  Probably going to run them back out to the edges of the hood.  Gotta find a spot for them though.  Any suggestions?  I've already bought the 6 pack brackets for the rear.

Also... it's not glass'd on yet, but I am putting that '68 Hemi Dart scoop on there.
Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

DarkAngel0816

My car already had them when I bought it and I can see the wires have made a couple scratches in the paint already.  Give me a moment to scan up a picture and I will post it here...
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

DarkAngel0816

Would not let me modify my previous post so here is the pic...

I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

Spike

I like 'em!

CB

strange, I seem to like them on a 70 Charger but not on a 68-69 ... :-\
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Khyron

Quote from: CB on September 06, 2005, 04:35:04 AM

Hypocrite!  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: CB on September 06, 2005, 04:35:04 AM

Yeah, I agree with yah. :cheers:

I like 'em in general, but definitely more on a "70 than either of the other 2nd gens.

Johnny
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Blusmbl

Relocated mine to where I think they should be.  Opinions?

Caintmakit Racing: Craptastic!
-66 BondoVille Roadster
-05 QC Hemi Ram
-looking for another '68-'69 Charger

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

PocketThunder

put them on but dont use the cables.  just the pins maybe??
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

the ones i liked were the twist style Ford put them on some later Hi-po Mustangs

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=F1926+01