News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

refurbishing my gauges, is this company good?

Started by 69 rt, December 25, 2006, 09:38:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 rt

I am going to have my gauges on my 69 RT sent out for refacing and calibration. Have you heard of this company ( Auto Instruments) If so what are your thoughts.

Thanks

Silver R/T

I only heard positive about them. I need mine done but its quite bit of money for me to have them redone.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Shakey

Quote from: 69 rt on December 25, 2006, 09:38:50 AM
I am going to have my gauges on my 69 RT sent out for refacing and calibration. Have you heard of this company ( Auto Instruments) If so what are your thoughts.

Thanks

I used to hear positive comments about them however there were / are a few posts on this forum leaning towards the negative.

If you search around and do some reading, you might change your mind about sending your parts to them.  I have yet to send my cluster out but will be in the coming months.

Rolling_Thunder

sent a cluster to redline for a full restoration...    they ended up pulling through on our deadline of Dec 22nd...     good guys afterall. very pleased...    however...     for the $1300 they should give new dash screws and a clock knob
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

moparjohn

I just got done with very poor service from A/I. They could not do the job, they tried to do it the wrong way, they did not call me to let me know anything, and it took 2 months . John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

69 rt