News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cutting seat foam?

Started by Ghoste, December 24, 2006, 10:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Since rear bucket seat buns are not available for 1st gen Chargers, has anyone had any experience with cutting their own foam to fit for seat buns?

kab69440

I have a nice pair of 66 rears, if you need them. Even the upholstery is still in nice shape.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

bandit67

Ghoste, I just went though the same thing.  My foam was damaged in a few places and I was seeking info on how to repair these places. I found  a piece of dense foam block sold by Home Depot  and cut it the best I could to fit the damaged place. I them used 3M spray adhesive to glue it in. I then took  some of that  1/2  thick  jute backing that the upholster shops have and cut it to fit under the seat foam.  Then I installed my new vinyl.  Looked better, but I would really love the hear how a professional shop does this.........anybody....J

Daytona R/T SE

Electric carving knife-like you cut a turkey or ham with...

Charger-Bodie

to fine tune the foam you can use an air grinder with a 24 grit disc
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............