News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's it worth?

Started by teamroth, December 29, 2008, 06:47:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teamroth

I deleted the other thread, posted in wrong place.

Hey guys, found another possible deal, and need some assistance.
Here's what I'm lookin at....
73 dodge charger se Christmas Special!!!!!! FINAL RELISTING!!!!!

73 dodge charger SE
this car is 85% completed restoration
new quarter panels
new windshield
floor pans are Perfect
Rally dashboard
comes with a rebuilt 440
727 torque flight
Will need:
Fuel tank
Radiator
Drive shaft
Exhaust

has chrome and interior
seller is looking for 1500, myself, I'm thinking 700, maybe unreasonable, just my thoughts.

Thanks guys,
Thad
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Tilar

If it's really had all that done, $1500 would be a bargain.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

teamroth

I was thinking the same, but from the ad, they sound like they really need to move it, we'll see.

69charger2002

i agree. if it's all it is supposed to be. can't rebuild a 440 for $1500
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

teamroth

Got the guy on the phone, he says it has everything listed, as soon as I get more pics I will post them. He says it comes with: Full interior minus carpet, extra passenger fender, and the wheels in the photo, and a set of Cragars. Both rear quarters are new, very little rust on the car at all. He got it from original owner, one downside, roof was rusty under the vinyl top, so he sandblasted it and fiberglassed/bondo'd the holes. Sounds pretty decent for 1500. Let's see

Thad

mikepmcs

you haven't gone and got it yet.  i'd pay 1500 all day long for that. 
now git. :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

teamroth

teamroth

ok, here's what we've got, bunch of pics, and I have to talk to the wife in the morning.

teamroth

cont

teamroth

cont again...

teamroth

cont..cont..again...again :icon_smile_cool:
these are it, I have a shot of all the interior stuff, but it's like sitting in a trailer or something, all there except carpet, and it even has a Rallye dash....cool

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

greenpigs

I'd even get it and I don't like 3rd gens. :lol:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

WingCharger

teamroth

Wifey gave the ok, just have to get everything lined up. Going to try and go this weekend.

quapman

Give him the $1500 and post new pics when you get 'er home!

I was concerned when you had to check with the wife. I heard that line 400 billion times when Iwas trying to sell a car. Apparently, NONE of my guys' wives were as cool as yours!

Steve

teamroth

Quote from: quapman on December 30, 2008, 03:56:21 PM
Give him the $1500 and post new pics when you get 'er home!

I was concerned when you had to check with the wife. I heard that line 400 billion times when I was trying to sell a car. Apparently, NONE of my guys' wives were as cool as yours!

Steve

Steve, my wife is the shizznit, but we make all decisions together. So when I got home from work at 330am, she happened to wake up, and I told her about it, and she just said "you should buy it" I said really, she said yes, so I won't have to hear you go on and on about buying one. I sent her the pics, and she was like umm, that car looks weird, (she's not a super car buff)but still on board. So I am trying to get in touch with the guy who did my buddy's Jeep, and see if he has room, and time. He's my old bosses son, so I'm really hoping this works out. That's really all we are waiting on right now. That and getting over to see it in person, hopefully sunday. Oh and to improve on her coolness even more, she bought me a Harley for my 30th B-Day. So I know what you mean...mine is the opposite of most. 

Chris G.

85% completed restoration? That's for the same car you posted?

It's a $700 car IMO. I sold a '73 SE with a big block, perfect interior and a desirable color for $900 a couple years back.

That's a big project ahead of you. '73 Chargers are not hard to find and still fairly cheap. If I was looking, I would spring 5K and get something really nice. Just my  :Twocents:

500hp_440

its worth it if it runs and doesnt have a rust problem (its not 85% done they just make up a number that sounds good)
Let it alone^.

teamroth

Quote from: Chris G. on December 30, 2008, 04:51:01 PM
85% completed restoration? That's for the same car you posted?

It's a $700 car IMO. I sold a '73 SE with a big block, perfect interior and a desirable color for $900 a couple years back.

That's a big project ahead of you. '73 Chargers are not hard to find and still fairly cheap. If I was looking, I would spring 5K and get something really nice. Just my  :Twocents:
Wife and I were actually just breaking down the whole process, and you are correct, probably more money than can easily be counted. She made some great points, and I tend to agree, too many unknowns. I don't know if he will move on the price at all.

Tilar

Quote from: teamroth on December 30, 2008, 01:35:27 AM
ok, here's what we've got, bunch of pics, and I have to talk to the wife in the morning.

I used to be that way with my first and second wife... After that, it was "Guess what I just bought!" My last investment without talking to my then current wife was a house.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Green71R/T

Make sure you look under the car. Bring someone who knows the problem areas of these cars.Assess your skill level honestly and your cash flow.Many people get in over their heads and end up selling 85% complete projects for far less than they have into them.It looks like a good project from the pictures.

mikepmcs

yeah, take me with you.  fair warning, i'll be bringing 2 grand with me. :D

teamroth

^^ If you want it I'll take you... :2thumbs: