News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1971 Dodge Super Bee's

Started by Geordie, August 31, 2005, 11:41:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geordie

Hey guys,

Just wondering what it takes to clone a 71 charger into a super bee? It looks like a neat car...Also what are the values of  71 superbee's compared to other third gen chargers? Any help would be great. Thanks.

charger72

I have a 71 bee that I am working on, and the only real diffrence is they dont have rally doors, have standard grills, have their own hood insert, have exhaust turndowns in the rear and their decals/emblems. You can go to www.71superbee.com for alot of info on them.

Nupe

TRY to find a real Bee before trying to make a clone.  The parts aren't easy to find to say the least.   :rotz:  And very limited sources for new parts... although things are getting a little better.

'79 Lil'Red Express.

71 Bee Man

I've just finished buying and importing a 71 Super Bee into Australia from the States. I looked for ages and I found that the Super Bee was considerably more expensive than your run of the mill Charger, but in saying that, it's with very good reason.

They are simply chalk and cheese. The standard Charger doesn't come close to the things that R/T's and Bee's have.....Stripes, a bulge hood, the fact they are unique etc.

If you can afford it, buy a genuine one......hoods etc are too expensive to buy seperately.

Just my opinion anyway. I was ready to spend a lot less and get a basic 71 Charger, but I'm real glad I didn't.

Peter
Sydney, Australia. ;D
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Geordie

41husk

Originals will always have better than clone resale and will be pretty pricey to clone if you can find a original bee project itt will be better.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

chargerkid

Geordie,

They are right.   It's better to find the real McCoy than to clone one.   It's nice to say you have a "true" Super Bee.   Well, I do have two that I am selling.   They are projects that might fit your budget.   If interested, feel free to email me at tuffn97@aol.com or call me at 586-770-4412.

Thank you,

Rob

ipstrategies

My 71 SE is N code same driveline as the Superbee 383 Magnum 727 8 3/4 with 3.23 Tuff Wheel .
I know it is not the same but mine is matching numbers  and was 1/2 of what I saw some bees going for without the matching engine etc. I was lucky to have a wife and dad who found this car.
1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1999 Dodge Durango 5.9
1995 Chrysler LHS