News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I admit I like 75 to 77 chargers Lets do a tribute

Started by AC/DC charger, December 24, 2006, 09:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

I like Magnums ( not really Chargers ) over any other lates 70s and 80s earliers USA car ( maybe with mids 80 Monte Carlo exception ), Luxury, kinda charming and "agressive" look and good optioned, like T top etc...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TylerCharger69

It just looks like a Cordoba to me.....I'm not a big fan of that body style....Just my own opinion though.

41husk

Im sure there are some people out there whos favorite car is the 75 style Charger, Im not that guy but thats all good.  I know people who believe my 68 is ugly.  they are wrong, but thats there right :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

TylerCharger69

68  ugly?   I dunno...but my opinion is that '68  through '70 were the most beautiful cars ever made!!!   I just can't see someone saying that it would be ugly.    In my opinion...now  I stress highly...MY OPINION....I think that '66  and '67s  were ugly.  Third generation cars were beautiful as well.....75 and on....well....average.

AC/DC charger

Tyler that is the point I was trying to get across!!!
MOPAR OR NOCAR
www.myspace.com/thunderstruck225
Damn blue oval

AC/DC charger

MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

AC/DC charger

Yep they have roadrunner commercials and a 75 charger commercial as well as a gremlin and do a google video search and they have a 70 charger commercial
MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

Nacho-RT74

I like more this 75-77 Charger ( I think is only 76 model option )
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

AC/DC charger

MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

MadScientist

First of all, a Cordoba is a "small" car?  What was big back in 77?  I had a '77 with a 400 (lean burn removed) in high school and that thing was a blast! didnt need gravel to get it to light em up!

MS

Ghoste

TruckDriver

Quote from: Ghoste on December 28, 2006, 10:37:25 AM
You want big?  Climb into a 77 New Yorker.

OR a '75 Lincoln Continental. The ash trays are almost as big as some small kids shoe boxes, no kidding either.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AC/DC charger

MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

ACUDANUT

1975-1977 Chargers...Are you kidding me. YUCK. I think they look more like Monte Carlo's.  No thanks.

TylerCharger69

I agree...there's really nothing special about 75-77 Chargers.....Or those little '80's 2.2 versions for that matter.   '66-74  is where it's at!!!

Kirkvkid

I will admit I always secretly liked the front end of the 75-77 chargers.  It had that elegant/classic look to it.  I would own one.  I don't have any pictures but I agree lets have a toast to the 4 th gen charger.   :cheers:

Anyway opinions are like @$$holes, everyones got one and they all stink.  ;D  I think 2nd gen chargers look incredible, but that doesn't mean I can't think other cars look good just as good too.
-Sal

AC/DC charger

Quote from: Kirkvkid on December 28, 2006, 05:09:20 PM
I will admit I always secretly liked the front end of the 75-77 chargers.  It had that elegant/classic look to it.  I would own one.  I don't have any pictures but I agree lets have a toast to the 4 th gen charger.   :cheers:

Anyway opinions are like @$$holes, everyones got one and they all stink.  ;D  I think 2nd gen chargers look incredible, but that doesn't mean I can't think other cars look good just as good too.

exactly what i was thinking
MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

The70RT

If you have to look twice to see if it is a Charger or a Cordoba........maybe it isn't really a Charger.  They just couldn't come up with a name for them. If it wasn't for the second gens they would have not made any site for Chargers......my opinion :icon_smile_big: I would take a Dart or Valiant over the 75-77.
Try to get aftermarket parts........whoops .....there isn't any ......unless it is a multifit part. And for the compact Charger.....please!
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger1970

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 27, 2006, 12:19:57 PM
I like more this 75-77 Charger ( I think is only 76 model option )

You're right, '76 only. You could get the base Charger or a Charger Sport that were rebadged Furys. The Charger SE and Daytona were rebadged Cordobas.

One could do worse than a Charger Sport.  ::)
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

AC/DC charger

but still they are neat looking in their own way and remember that chrysler was out on a limb back then
MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

twilt

Building crap like that was why they ended up "out on a limb" (almost bankrupt)   

Ghoste

Actually, the Cordoba and crap like that probably helped them to hang on long enough for Iaccoca to come over.  The Cordoba sold quite well and the cheaper disco Charger went along for the ride.  Having 440 powered New Yorkers on dealers lots during the first Arab oil embargo (the same event introduced people to those friendly Japanese companies like Toyota and Honda) along with an incredibly bloated white collar staff at Highland Park had a lot more to do with going broke.

Dodge Don

I had a 77 Cordoba. Black with red pinstripes, red corynthian leather, sunroof, 400 CID V8.....I loved that car. It was a great car. The only issue I had were the rear inside opera lights would get as hot as the sun going supernova. Had alot of friends burn themselves on that innocent looking lense.