News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I admit I like 75 to 77 chargers Lets do a tribute

Started by AC/DC charger, December 24, 2006, 09:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AC/DC charger

I have to admit I think that the 75 through 77 Dodge Chargers were great looking cars.I have been drawing alot of them in school with items like chin spoilers,hood scoops and door scoops along with go wings.Lets not forget that these things despite their performanse look alot better than the new charger.Post any and all pictures of these cars as a tribute to the forgotten! :icon_smile_big:
MOPAR OR NOCAR
www.myspace.com/thunderstruck225
Damn blue oval

Spike

You think Magnum PI would have drove this instead of his Ferrari  :smilielol:

BrianShaughnessy

Sorry....  but they come in 2nd to the Cordoba   :icon_smile_blackeye:   Ricardo Montalban says so  :icon_smile_cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV06_moDqSw
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bull

"Once you've looked, you're hooked." Must be a barbless 'cause I slipped right off.

motorhead

Holy crap! ricardo montalban! That takes me back,I feel I should have a margarita and watch it again! :yesnod: Anybody got the old volare' commercial with him?

41husk

Yep there is a cordoba Charger runs around town.  It don't get as many looks as my 2nd or 3rd gen.  Actually I prefer the 83-87 Shelby Chargers to the 75-77 cordoba style.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nh_mopar_fan

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hemidoug

I have to disagree.....looks too much like an AMC Matador for my tastes. Very bland styling in a time in which Chrysler was not at their prime. I believe a Frenchman was in charge back then. One of the things he did to "save" the company was to trash ALL the metal dies and machining from the muscle car era. EVERYTHING went to the scrapyard, all the sheetmetal dies, all the engine castings (re HEMI), everything! ??? :o >:( We have him to thank for the lack of parts availability we have today. Just another reason to despise the French.....  :flame:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

AC/DC charger

MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

dads_69

My dad had a few Cordobas. '76 gold w/tan int. 318. '77 w/a 400 black w/red int.. '78 Cordoba w/a 400 red on red. '78 Magnum w/a 400. white w/ red int. Nice driving cars. Even my dad said they drove better than his Caddilacs he owned. Never did understand why they put Charger emblems on a Cordoba.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

no318

Quote from: Bandit72 on December 24, 2006, 02:21:14 PM
i'd take a 78 magnum anyday over them....
I agree!  My first was a Magnum which I still own.  Not as much respect as my 2nd gen chargers, but it sure drives and handles better. 

bull

Quote from: AC/DC charger on December 24, 2006, 02:27:09 PM
oh yeah listen to this cordoba
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYPTxxEsJBU&mode=related&search=

Yea, the backfiring was awesome. It sounded almost as good as the dork slamming door before daddy told him to shut it off and give the keys back.

WM23N1

1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

TruckDriver

I rather have a '78-'79 Magnum over a 4th gen Charger. But otherwise, I wouldn't mind one for a daily driver. And I still think this one looks cool...

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

AC/DC charger

MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

73dodge

I think I still have a tail light lens sitting around in the garage that was purchased as a spare to use when yours evenutally fell off the car.
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

Ghoste

I'd rather have one of those than a 76 Monte Carlo or Thunderbird.

twilt

Quote from: Ghoste on December 24, 2006, 06:21:57 PM

:haha: :haha:  Kind of like saying "I`ll take a Gremlin over a Pacer"

Lowprofile

Quote from: Ghoste on December 24, 2006, 06:21:57 PM

I Agree. I kinda like them. :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_wink:

This one is for sale at Wildcat................ :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

RD

i'd rather own a mirada any day of the week, even before a magnum
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

hemihead

They were nice cars, I had 3 of them.As soon as you trashed the Lean burn system they were even better.I would take ANY Charger but the new Creeder, those are like the the interbred child kept in the basement chained to the radiator.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

AC/DC charger

MOPAR OR NOCAR
Damn blue oval

tttaziz

Quote from: dads_69 on December 24, 2006, 02:41:09 PM
Never did understand why they put Charger emblems on a Cordoba.
Mark

Same reason they put Charger emblems on a 300 Sedan...

Ty