News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ENGINE IN FROM UNDERNEATH 70 R/T LOTSA PICS

Started by Charger-Bodie, December 23, 2006, 04:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Troy, yes on the booster being intact.  I should have mentioned I run a smaller booster.  The single valve cover we pulled was the pass. side.  I have a smaller booster and can pull the driver's side cover with it in place so I don't know why I want to put the original booster back in.  ::)

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 28, 2006, 08:18:12 PM
Troy, yes on the booster being intact.  I should have mentioned I run a smaller booster.  The single valve cover we pulled was the pass. side.  I have a smaller booster and can pull the driver's side cover with it in place so I don't know why I want to put the original booster back in.  ::)

the factory booster will allow for the valve cover on the drivers side to be r&ied its tight but it IS doable
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

472 R/T SE

Is it that way with all E bodys too?  My buddy insisted we have the driver's side cover on when we went in with the assembly, with him not knowing how much more room there was with the smaller booster.
He's an E body guy so I wonder if there's not the same amount of room?  Maybe the booster mounting area is closer on a E body??

This Hemi stuff is all new for me I'll admit, as well as coming in from the bottom.  :-[   But it is sure slicker than snot.  ;)

Charger-Bodie

as far as the e body stuff im not sure we mostly do b bodys ......putting engines in for the bottom is way better isnt it i personally think we are blessed to be able to do it that way its just so much easier to do a nice clean job
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............