News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Don't speed in Mexico

Started by Orange_Crush, December 20, 2006, 03:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_Crush

Watch out...the feyderalees now have 816 Chargers to play with!

I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

Arthu®

Wow that is quite the force... or is that for the entire country? :P

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

69charger2002

as if they really need those to stop the old  ford aerostars, chevy s-10's, and ford ranger's that are going to mexico by the thousands. those old beaters they are shipping down there probably can't even do the speed limit
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

That's ok Trav, the Hemi "Chargers" barely break 15 in the quarter anyway. Maybe these have the V6.

rt green

cant sell 'em here so they sell 'em to mexico
third string oil changer

6670charger

who says they're not selling here?
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

69charger2002

soccer moms certainly won't argue that they are not selling here. those dumbasses can't buy them fast enough

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 21, 2006, 03:53:45 PM
soccer moms certainly won't argue that they are not selling here. those dumbasses can't buy them fast enough

That's funny...I haven't seen a "soccer mom" in one yet.  In fact, the very vast majority of Chargers I see on the road are being driven by men my age.

I think its hilarious how bitter some of y'all are about this car. 
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

69charger2002

you act like you own one  :o

they are sadly selling like hotcakes here.. and trust me well over 60% of the people driving them are middle aged women and older. the only men i can recall driving the new charger are all in the RT, daytona, and SRT versions. and let's face it. majority of the chargers being bought are 6 banger versions

"bitter"... well i don't know if that's how i'd describe my feelings about the car itself. i'd call it more like frustrated at DC for whoring out the charger name..it makes me sick to my stomach that they refused classic styling when desigining it, but yet they pull out all the stops(badges, stripes, names, etc) trying to sell them now. so yes i am bitter in that regard. if you were  true classic charger enthusiast you would agree that what they have done with this car and calling it a charger is ridiculous, whether you like that 4 door sedan or not.
trav

Orange_Crush

I like the '06 Charger.  In fact, I almost bought one.  I changed my mind at the last minute though because I just can't bring myself to buy a new car.  I might still picked up a used one.  Real Charger enthusiast?  I don't know.  I owned a '69 SE from '89 'till 2 years ago and now a '70 R/T that I'm getting ready to spend 30 or so thousand dollars on.  Maybe that doesn't make me a lover of '70 Chargers...who knows.  But I am a realist.  The Charger is a car that DCX needed and, the fact that its selling...and selling well is an obvious vindication.  Sure, they're gonna sell Daytonas, Superbees, Whatever to anyone who want them...why not...its all marketing isn't it?  I don't have absolutely a single problem with the 6th generation Charger.  Its a nice car with serious horsepower that handles excellently.  Do I wish it used classic styling cues?  No.  If I want a classic car, I'll buy one.  There's obviously a lot of people out there who think the way I do.

In any case, The way I see it, this is the first Charger worthy of the name that has been built since 1974.

69charger2002

very well said. and i think at this point we can just agree to disagree. i understand your points, you see mine. it's all good. maybe it's regional my main point was there are a TON of soccer moms in the southeast for sure that are buying these cars. factor in cop car and rental/fleet car sales and i guess the numbers will look pretty good, which as you said, was DCX's entire goal. good for them

Orange_Crush

Quote from: 69charger2002 on December 21, 2006, 04:30:03 PM
very well said. and i think at this point we can just agree to disagree. i understand your points, you see mine. it's all good.

And that, my friend, is what life's all about.

Dave22443

Actually, the way I look at it is this:  The Charger name is simply going through another stage in life.  Think about it. 

1966 and 1967 were its teenage years.  Full of life and showing some potential, but still awkward and unrefined.

From 68 to 70, I think of it as being in its prime.  A true 20 something man, full of youth, good looks and muscle, ready to take on all challenges.

From 71 to 74, a 30 something man.  A little more refined, better handling and classy, but not quite as young and strong as he used to be.

1975 to 1977 found the Charger to be a fatter, slower but much more comfortable ride. Sort of like most of us in our 40's.

The "Omni" years were its mid-life crisis.  A lame attempt to recapture its youth while succeeding in only looking stupid and awkward, all the while making a fool of itself.

The new Charger is finally all grown up.  It has come to realize that life isn't all fun and games and sometimes you have to settle down and take on a little responsiblity.  It has matured and its styling has aged.  It may only be a shadow of its former self, but it still retains a hint of youth because some small part of it still wants to hold onto the past, while at the same time realizing that the real hard core packages are probably better left to the young.

It's past all that now, but it still remembers its glory years with a fond smile... just happy to still be alive.

-d.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Ghoste

Oh great, that means the next generation is going to have to be something that reminds you of a forgetful old guy in a nursing home with a walker and adult diapers.

Dave22443

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Shakey

Quote from: Orange_Crush on December 21, 2006, 03:57:43 PM

That's funny...I haven't seen a "soccer mom" in one yet.  In fact, the very vast majority of Chargers I see on the road are being driven by men my age.

I think its hilarious how bitter some of y'all are about this car. 

:iagree:  :iagree:  :iagree:

Chargen69

yeah I live near Orange and middle aged men is all I ever see in em too

Ghoste

Which is funny since the original target demographic was a lot younger IIRC.

bull

Quote from: Orange_Crush on December 21, 2006, 03:57:43 PM

... after they rent them. ;D

BigBlackDodge

I see about a 50/50 mix between men and women........and you can bet that most of them do not know what a classic Charger looks like or even care. Next year they'll be driving a another new run of the mill sedan.

BBD

Dan T

I have one as my daily driver, and, while it's no '69, it goes like hell and is a great everyday car. I agree that they should have called it something else though..Coronet possibly? They came with 4 doors.
But as someone else said, it's all a marketing game.
And yes, I am a Charger Freak!!
:icon_smile_big:

1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

charge-it

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

dkn1997

Quote from: Orange_Crush on December 20, 2006, 03:59:40 PM
Watch out...the feyderalees now have 816 Chargers to play with!

good old feyderalees, best cops money can buy.....
RECHRGED