News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

85shelby

Started by 85shelby, December 22, 2006, 11:19:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

85shelby

Looking for any info on my 85'shelby charger. First off ,fuel cap.
    Next is what T-body to use to up hp. And last does any parts from an 87 Daytona fit my 85 shelby.

WM23N1

I love shelby chargers. But unfortunatly they are not very popular on this site. Try this one as its more geared to turbo cars. http://www.turbododge.com/forums/index.php
1971 Super Bee 383 "The WM23N1" http://1971-1974dodgecharger.com/

Khyron

always loved the little guys too, but I agree, this site is more geared for the 66 - 74's...

but at least yours has 2 doors ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TruckDriver

Quote from: Khyron on December 22, 2006, 11:44:23 PM
always loved the little guys too, but I agree, this site is more geared for the 66 - 74's...

but at least yours has 2 doors ;)
:iagree:

I owned 4 of them
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TylerCharger69

Ahhhhhhh...memories......I used to have an '84 Daytona....Didn't take much time to burn up the turbo in that little 2.2...lol

Ghoste

I had one of the little chargerettes myself.  I did something to the head but I can't remember what now.   I recall it was supposed to be a common failure.  Broken cam follower maybe?

Plumcrazy

I had an 83 Shelby Charger, great handling car.

Only problem was snow.  It went from handling like a weasel in a drain pipe to handling like a tiger on vaseline.  :o

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Khyron

Quote from: Plumcrazy on December 23, 2006, 09:58:57 AM
tiger on vaseline.  :o

I just got the funniest mental image of that! :lol:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

dads_69

Turbo II set up is whats recommended for the 2.2 set up. The turbo I style only put out 145 H.P. or so. I have and had a turbo II in a '86 Omni GLHS. Fast cars, ran a 12.89 @ 109 mph top speed by the last owner was 133 mph or so. Thats how I got the car, impound! I'm selling the turbo II set up also if your interested.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Drache

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on December 23, 2006, 01:35:32 AM
Ahhhhhhh...memories......I used to have an '84 Daytona....Didn't take much time to burn up the turbo in that little 2.2...lol

Blew my turbo in my '84 Daytona doing a little racing and getting busted for it....  :rotz:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

nh_mopar_fan

Those cars were really squirrely when that turbo kicked in.

Ghoste

Especially when you were shifting.  Man, those little buggers had some awful torque steer issues didn't they?

TylerCharger69

I agree....those front-wheel drive versions were not all that!!!

nh_mopar_fan

The other thing I remember was the turbo whine when you got into it. Man, was it loud. I always had passengers looking behind us to see if there was a cop coming. They thought it was a siren.

69_500

I had a Shelby charger GLHS and loved that car. Then again I prefered the later IROC R/T Daytona I had over that.

best sleeper car from that era though is the Spirit R/T's. Had 2 of  those.