News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Few mopars in the new need for speed game

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 12, 2006, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zentelis

I just beat it..
I used the SLR after I re-tuned it. I had too much torque on the engine and low-rpm on the supercharger. I changed it to horsepower and high-rpm and it was like a whole new car. I even passed Darius on the canyon (but couldn't stay ahead for the 10 seconds).
It was WAY too easy with the SLR and the right performance tune :p I recommend it if you want to dominate without cheating  :icon_smile_big:

SeattleCharger

Hmm, I didn't really mess around with changing the tuning on the upgrades once I bought the stuff for the car, good idea.      What is the SLR? 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Awesome plan man.   
   Got the Challenger all tuned different.   Huge difference.   Realized I had stock brakes, so I sold the 350Z to get pro brakes or race brakes, whatever.

Set the engine package to torque for tire burning acceleration, supercharger for high rpm, (top speed)  the main thing though, changed suspension for understeer and the tires for grip,   then brakes to back wheels.    My handling is way better, car doesn't slide all over the place, turned better, then I hit the brakes and let off throttle for a sec, and this puts the car into a drift when I need it on a hairpin,   got the top speed up to 226 mph, instead of 194 before, this with the engine on torque and supercharger on high rpm,   when I had the engine set on hp, I lost all my acceleration and top speed wasn't any better. 

I still have a hard time going over 100 or 150 then trying to take a hairpin, gotta practice that, haven't made it through the last three, but looking better now, still want to try to do it with the Challenger if I can.

Dave22443

Well, I finally have a shot at the Challenger.  No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't get there with the Charger (although your tips on tuning did help).  I was forced to get a 350Z to make any serious headway (or even hold on to existing turf) - as much as I hated to do it.  (I had already spent several days trying with the Charger)

My absolute worst driving is in the canyon.  I'm getting better, but I'm a long way from being good enough and if I get busted one more time I'll loose my ride.  It sucks that they take your nitrous away from you as I really need it to keep up on the straights, but what really kills me is not being able to see far enough ahead.  If I could see the road better... perhaps it would help.  (Maybe I'll tweek the vidio settings to see if I can brighten it up?)

But alas, I have to put the game away for now.  I'm leaving in the morning to go on vacation so you will have to go on without me  :pity:  Still haven't seen the Cuda, maybe I'm pushing too hard?

Ah well.  I'm going to go shake hands with Mickey Mouse and forger about it for a while.  I'll see you guys in a week!

-out-

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

SeattleCharger

oh, the challenger race is the canyon,   I tried the z and the rx7 many times, finally won with SRT8 because needed the acceleration because of having to slow down so much on hairpins, 

Don't you have the little map on the lower left of screen that has the road in yellow?   and your car is the little green triangle?   That is the key to knowing when the hair pins are approaching,    good luck, ya, that was the hardest race for me, took many many tries. 

Zentelis

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 22, 2006, 04:22:00 AM
What is the SLR? 
It's the McLaren SLR (Mercedes SLR..same thing). It's the 216K car (give or take)
It's also one of my favorite contemporary exotics