News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Muscle car vs non Muscle

Started by jaak, December 20, 2006, 10:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

Just as a topic of discussion would you think a major project muscle car, for a really nice driver non-muscle version be a fair trade on both sides.
Example..
A basket case 69 Charger RT 440, 4 speed. For a 69 Charger 318 auto with nice paint and interior.
Or a rough RoadRunner, for a nice Satellite, so on and so on.

Your Thoughts,

Jason

Khyron

my thoughts? I took my nice little 318 Charger and am setting in a nice 440 combo. bet I have less then half the money into it then I would have restoring a basketcase R/T

I would say it's a preference. if someone wants a real deal R/T. then it's worth it for them. My car will have all the options of an R/T but with a VIN starting with XP. Doesn't bother me at all. I have money to put into the gas tank ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Charger-Bodie

number matching r/ts real daytonas sixpak cars ect= awesome
clones =awesome too! { if done right}
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Rocky

What are you saying?  I know of plenty of 318 and 383 cars that make a helluva lot more power than a stock 426 or 440.  I guess they don't count as muscle though. 

Hell, I'd love to find an origional /6 Charger, then throw some parts at it so it could cream an origional 440 R/T, then have the guy say that my car isn't a "muscle car".

Khyron

Quote from: Rocky on December 20, 2006, 10:56:41 PM
What are you saying?  I know of plenty of 318 and 383 cars that make a helluva lot more power than a stock 426 or 440.  I guess they don't count as muscle though. 

Hell, I'd love to find an origional /6 Charger, then throw some parts at it so it could cream an origional 440 R/T, then have the guy say that my car isn't a "muscle car".

easy man, he's not bashing or even commenting negatively on a non R/T, he's just asking what would someone Prefer.

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Rocky

Quote from: Khyron on December 20, 2006, 11:06:43 PM

easy man, he's not bashing or even commenting negatively on a non R/T, he's just asking what would someone Prefer.

No, I'm not bashing him by any means, in fact I'm in the same situation as you Khyron.  I love the shit out of my car R/T or not.  It is hard when you can't here someones tone of voice over the internet.  I just think too many people put far too much emphasis on the R/T badge sometimes.  After all, this is DodgeCharger.com not DodgeChargerR/T.com 

Khyron

o.k... I hear ya,  I agree completely the internet is tough to read sometimes, ;)

thats why I use way too many smilies :nana:

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

adauto

Drive what you like and can afford... Or at least somewhere in the middle.
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

old man

With the price of true R/T cars I prefer the cheaper 318 or 383 cars. You buy them right and then change what you want to make it how you want to be. Who wants a true numbers matching R/T that you are afraid to change anything that might hurt it's value? Give me a plain jane and I'll change motor and such and drive the heck out of it. That what they are made for, drive them. Buying a basket case car that needs a full frame off resto because it was a R/T or hemi. I can't afford it. 
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

41husk

Shoot! there was a thread on here with a 68 318 survivor and people were estimating it's value at 25 k and up at those prices you better get what you can, fast.  I wouldn't mind having a nice cruizer 30s or 40s style or even a 57 Imperial  with all the creature conforts to cruize around in.  and those are still reasonable.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

6670charger

Although I didn't know anything about matching numbers and all that when I bought my 66 Charger 18 years ago, I've found that I feel the same way.  My car didn't have it's original motor in it when I bought it.  It was a 318 car, and I've converted to 383.  I enjoy my car as much as anyone who has a second gen R/T does theirs.  Drive it all over the place and get all kinds of compliments.

The R/Ts are nice cars.  Had a 70 R/T for several years.  Wish I still had it, although, I'd certainly take a nice 2nd gen 318 car too.  Still be a kick to drive.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

jaak

good thoughts,

Rocky i wasn't bashing 318 cars, my almost 1st charger was a 318 that got sold out from under me, I just meant by non muscle as a low performance car, oh yeah you build them they most definately become a muscle car.

I Think for the most part guys like building what they want which is way cool to me. I have an RT but its not original or numbers matching, so Im building it the way I want one, not by what a broadcast sheet says.

I was just wanting to open a "what-do-you-think" disscussion

Jason

Challenger340

I'm Old, I'd go for the driver.

Better to be a "has been", than a "never was".
Only wimps wear Bowties !