News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

power window switch

Started by rudyjrusa, December 20, 2006, 06:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi - i have a 1974 charger and need new power window switch for passenger and driver side - does anybody sell these???

JimsSE

rudyjrusa,

Give me the part # for the driver's side.  I have a NOS still in the box.  It was in some parts I got with my '79 Magnum I bought.  Not sure if the same part was used back in '74.  If it's what you are looking for I'll send a picture.

Jim

Unrestored '73 Charger SE   

'79 Magnum GT
http://www.geocities.com/jimsmopars2003/

rudyjrusa

Quote from: JimsSE on December 20, 2006, 10:59:32 PM
rudyjrusa,

Give me the part # for the driver's side.  I have a NOS still in the box.  It was in some parts I got with my '79 Magnum I bought.  Not sure if the same part was used back in '74.  If it's what you are looking for I'll send a picture.

Jim

Hi Jim - i will remove the drivers door panel next week to check the part number - the drivers switch for the passenger window not sure if it is working - the passenger switch only works up.  i have removed the regulator and motor and the motor works in both directions.

JimsSE

rudyjrusa,

Here's a picture of what I have.  I can't tell from your passenger side switch if this is an exact match.

You might want to try cleaning the contacts of the swithes you have.  That might git'r working.  Just a thought. 

If you're interested in this one, make me an offer.

Jim

'79 Magnum GT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: JimsSE on December 21, 2006, 10:49:08 PM
rudyjrusa,

Here's a picture of what I have.  I can't tell from your passenger side switch if this is an exact match.

You might want to try cleaning the contacts of the swithes you have.  That might git'r working.  Just a thought. 

Jim

hi Jim - thanks for the picture.  it looks like it - just ordered the mirror nut remover - hard to get that mirror nut off without the tool - as soon as i get it i can remove the drivers side panels.    how much are you looking for ??? 

charger Downunder

[/quote]

rudyjrusa

Quote from: JimsSE on December 21, 2006, 10:49:08 PM
rudyjrusa,

Jim

i think the part number is 3488919

JimsSE

rudyjrusa,

Yeah that's a different part number than mine.  As I said, not sure what year(s) this one is for.  Your call.  If you want me to get a picture of the back to see if it has the same connections let me know.

Jim

'79 Magnum GT

rudyjrusa

Quote from: JimsSE on December 23, 2006, 10:15:31 PM
rudyjrusa,

Yeah that's a different part number than mine.  As I said, not sure what year(s) this one is for.  Your call.  If you want me to get a picture of the back to see if it has the same connections let me know.

Jim

picture of 1974 dodge charger driver side power window switch - i think i need the passenger power switch - i tried bypassing the passenger switch and the window motor worked fine.  it still does not work from drivers switch - not sure if both are the problem??

rudyjrusa

Quote from: rudyjrusa on December 29, 2006, 06:18:53 PM
Quote from: JimsSE on December 23, 2006, 10:15:31 PM
rudyjrusa,

Jim

picture of 1974 dodge charger driver side power window switch - i think i need the passenger power switch - i tried bypassing the passenger switch and the window motor worked fine.  it still does not work from drivers switch - not sure if both are the problem??

drivers part number is 3488939 and passenger side is 2826118

Doright

Hi all
I checked Jim's he doesn't have 72 switches
I am looking for the gang of 4 and 3 singles any one have an extra set?
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more