News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

rear lower panels

Started by rudyjrusa, December 20, 2006, 06:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi - i have a 1974 charger and would lke to buy new rear lower panels - does anybody sell these???

Nacho-RT74

NO... that's also my headache. Restorer dealers sell 73 like also fits 74, what is true just if you remove the shoulder belt retractor.

Once I contacted to a ebay repro parts seller ( I'm trying to search the email ) and they told me that could it be a posibility to reproduce them, but didn't know nothing about
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Ok I found the emails we sent one to each other. This is his website:
https://www.vehicle-interior-parts.com/index.aspx
he is/was an ebay dealer but can't find its ebay store
He had this pic published on ebay auction

Name of contact I talked is Robert Burgess

here was the "progress" on emails

I wrote once he sent the panels pic:
"Oh well yes that is for 73. I need for 74 what is slightly different between
door opening and bench. Attached pic of differences between both. White one
is 74.

Also attaching pic of a blue one and showing why the difference.

Do you know somebody able to reproduce it ? or maybe yourself ?.

Thanks.
Nacho."

( of course I sent different pics of the right 74 lower panels on email to show them )

answer from Robert:
"Hello,
I think I see what you mean. Is yours a SE model? It looks to me like the are the same except for the seat belt cut out. All they would realy need to make a mold is just for the small seat belt cover. Then just cut out these rear quarters to accomidate for them. Is this correct? I know that no one is makeing the small covers.
Thanks,
Bob"

new reply from me:
"Hi!!
No, Mine is hardtop, but there is no difference on lower panels or any plastic part ( except sail panel ) between SE and Hardtops/coupes on any year. Only difference is on vinyl uppers panels. All 74 models on all Mopars were made on that way because new safety rules about seatbelts in USA.
Yes they look to be the same panels with just the cut out difference to the extra piece to hide the retractor. Another difference is the "hanger" to keep the clip on place on backside to attach to the body what is also a little bit above the cut out. On 73 and earliers the clip is exactly where the extra trim is located.
I have 73 and 74 OEM panels to check for differences to be sure and reply to you.
I would be interested on get ALL interior plastic pieces in white ( including back seats bucket panels ), but sure won't be inmediatly, since I would need to get the money first. I'm not from USA, I'm from Venezuela where the USA Charger was assemblied also, but sure if you reproduce will be the only one who make them. Recently, interest about 3rg gen Chargers is growing up ( also here in Venezuela ), and sure 74 is one of them so I think there is a market. Of course that is if panels are really good quality and the best surface pattern repro. I have heard that diference between OEM and Repro panels is very noticeable, specially side by side so to many people end selling them to buy the best used ones as posible. I'm also a member of dodgecharger.com board so I could reffer to you to people who needs them.
Thanks for all your attention about this.
Nacho."

then  reply from him
"Hello,
I will talk to my manufacturer & see if the would be willing to do this.
Thanks for the info,
Bob"

Reply from me:
"Hi... thanks for your attention.
would be great as I told you the best pieces as possible please... also with ashtrays cut outs since I'm noticing they don't have it.
Those panels have also on backside a mark to make the cut out to electric window switches for those equiped with them. I don't know if yours have them.
Thanks.
Nacho."

Last reply from him:
"Hello,
They don't have those marks but I belive they buyer can still cut them out close to where the originals are.
Thanks,
Bob"

those emails were on FEBRUARY 2006... some time ago HUH ?

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on December 23, 2006, 03:10:29 PM
Ok I found the emails we sent one to each other. This is his website:
https://www.vehicle-interior-parts.com/index.aspx
he is/was an ebay dealer but can't find its ebay store
He had this pic published on ebay auction

Name of contact I talked is Robert Burgess

here was the "progress" on emails

I wrote once he sent the panels pic:
"Oh well yes that is for 73. I need for 74 what is slightly different between
door opening and bench. Attached pic of differences between both. White one
is 74.

Also attaching pic of a blue one and showing why the difference.

Do you know somebody able to reproduce it ? or maybe yourself ?.

Thanks.
Nacho."

( of course I sent different pics of the right 74 lower panels on email to show them )

answer from Robert:
"Hello,
I think I see what you mean. Is yours a SE model? It looks to me like the are the same except for the seat belt cut out. All they would realy need to make a mold is just for the small seat belt cover. Then just cut out these rear quarters to accomidate for them. Is this correct? I know that no one is makeing the small covers.
Thanks,
Bob"

new reply from me:
"Hi!!
No, Mine is hardtop, but there is no difference on lower panels or any plastic part ( except sail panel ) between SE and Hardtops/coupes on any year. Only difference is on vinyl uppers panels. All 74 models on all Mopars were made on that way because new safety rules about seatbelts in USA.
Yes they look to be the same panels with just the cut out difference to the extra piece to hide the retractor. Another difference is the "hanger" to keep the clip on place on backside to attach to the body what is also a little bit above the cut out. On 73 and earliers the clip is exactly where the extra trim is located.
I have 73 and 74 OEM panels to check for differences to be sure and reply to you.
I would be interested on get ALL interior plastic pieces in white ( including back seats bucket panels ), but sure won't be inmediatly, since I would need to get the money first. I'm not from USA, I'm from Venezuela where the USA Charger was assemblied also, but sure if you reproduce will be the only one who make them. Recently, interest about 3rg gen Chargers is growing up ( also here in Venezuela ), and sure 74 is one of them so I think there is a market. Of course that is if panels are really good quality and the best surface pattern repro. I have heard that diference between OEM and Repro panels is very noticeable, specially side by side so to many people end selling them to buy the best used ones as posible. I'm also a member of dodgecharger.com board so I could reffer to you to people who needs them.
Thanks for all your attention about this.
Nacho."

then  reply from him
"Hello,
I will talk to my manufacturer & see if the would be willing to do this.
Thanks for the info,
Bob"

Reply from me:
"Hi... thanks for your attention.
would be great as I told you the best pieces as possible please... also with ashtrays cut outs since I'm noticing they don't have it.
Those panels have also on backside a mark to make the cut out to electric window switches for those equiped with them. I don't know if yours have them.
Thanks.
Nacho."

Last reply from him:
"Hello,
They don't have those marks but I belive they buyer can still cut them out close to where the originals are.
Thanks,
Bob"

those emails were on FEBRUARY 2006... some time ago HUH ?

i sent email about the panels to Robert and they still do not have them - i wish he could let us know who the manufacturer is so i could talk to them.