News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Avoid Totally Auto - Clueless / Shoddy Work

Started by Dodge Don, December 19, 2006, 08:04:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

AKcharger

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

dads_69

Once its in the car, from the looks of it here on line, should be fine. You can't compare it to another side by side when or if being judged at a car show. Unless the judge is a real stickler. And as long as it does the job it meant to do, install it and drive on! 50 years from now, is it really going to matter?
I'm an optimist by the way!
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Shakey

Quote from: dads_69 on December 19, 2006, 09:23:41 PM
Once its in the car, from the looks of it here on line, should be fine. You can't compare it to another side by side when or if being judged at a car show. Unless the judge is a real stickler. And as long as it does the job it meant to do, install it and drive on! 50 years from now, is it really going to matter?
Mark

You don't know Don very good now do you!   :D

Shakey

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 19, 2006, 08:04:52 PM
Before you send anything to Totally Auto to be "restored" check out this thread.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=3808&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I had a feeling I was gonna see a thread like this.   :rotz:

Was that you tying up their telephone line today when I was trying to call?   :smilielol:

Rocky

Dodge Don

Quote from: dads_69 on December 19, 2006, 09:23:41 PM
Mark

Or I could get a boat anchor and some rope and just toss it out the window when I want to stop.....as long as the anchor is "correct"  :'(

I bet I could do a better job in my garage than those schmucks. We'll see....oh yes we'll see....they'll rue the day.......bastages  :flame:

firefighter3931

A lot of high drama for a brake booster don't ya think ?  :pity: Just chrome that sucker and be done with it !  :devil:

On a serious note : It sucks when you pay for a service and it isn't delivered upon.  :down:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

72chargerSE

Totally Auto SUCKS

They have an ego a mile wide, the hobby has driven by them light years. THEY ARE A RATTLE CAN RESTO SHOP.

You got SCREWED. sorry.

dads_69

I'm not here to defend them. But I realize you didn't get (according to you) what you wanted done, welcome to the real world. If you want something done right, do it yourself. I have some rope if you have an anchor!
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Dodge Don

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 19, 2006, 09:56:35 PM
A lot of high drama for a brake booster don't ya think ?  :pity: Just chrome that sucker and be done with it !  :devil:

On a serious note : It sucks when you pay for a service and it isn't delivered upon.  :down:

Ron

I'm a drama queen  :yesnod:

Ron, what blows my stack is that a) they didn't restore it correctly the first time and I had to convince Dave Ferro I was right, and b) when they had a second kick at the can they produced crap results.

6pkrunner

Ask Dave Ferreo about selling the number matching engine/tranny from a fellow's Superbird that was being restored at their shop.
Totally Auto rode the high life for about 2 years. They have long since rode their name into the ground. Sad to hear that Don still thought they had a reputation.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 19, 2006, 10:25:35 PM

I'm a drama queen  :yesnod:

Ron, what blows my stack is that a) they didn't restore it correctly the first time and I had to convince Dave Ferro I was right, and b) when they had a second kick at the can they produced crap results.

Don, you ain't no drama queen....just a perfectionist !  ;) There's nuthin wrong with that  :icon_smile_big:

Isn't the customer supposed to be allways right ?  ???

I find it baffleing that a company with this type of reputation could screw up so badly.....amazing ! Surely they know the difference between paint and plating ?  :icon_smile_dead:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

72chargerSE

Check out those assholes at Carlisle....

They think they are soooooo good. SCREW them.

hemi-hampton

If they are redoing for free then Plating is exspensive & spray bomb is much cheaper. Does not surprise me. My Question is if some are black is it Gloss black, Semi Gloss or Flat. Sounds like question for Roger Gibson? LEON.

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 20, 2006, 01:16:55 AM
If they are redoing for free then Plating is exspensive & spray bomb is much cheaper. Does not surprise me. My Question is if some are black is it Gloss black, Semi Gloss or Flat. Sounds like question for Roger Gibson? LEON.

Leon, trust me....they do nothing for free. Even after they screwed it up the first time. The Midland Ross unit should be plated not black.

41husk

I would tell them, make it right or I am going to get on the net every automotive site I can find and do what I can to insure no one else pays for shabby work, and if they don't make it right I would do that and even go as far to put an ad in Collectors Guide describing what was done. 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Shakey

Quote from: 41husk on December 20, 2006, 08:34:08 AM
I would tell them, make it right or I am going to get on the net every automotive site I can find and do what I can to insure no one else pays for shabby work, and if they don't make it right I would do that and even go as far to put an ad in Collectors Guide describing what was done. 

Too late for that as the title of the thread says it all!

hemi-hampton

bull

Dodge Don

LL1 1967 Coronet

To further the point...have you ever purchased one of their "correct" spray paints - or should I say spray 'bombs"...? 'Caus that's exactly what you get - a friggin' bomb.  Its a spray can that clogs, spurts, dribbles, clumps, and does just about ANYTHING BUT SPRAY! That textured argent in a can SUCKS DONKEY. So does their "air cleaner orange", which by the way, I'm not even totally convinced is 100% correct tint. If you ask me, Totally auto has been surpassed by other shops who are light years ahead in quality. ...and the jackass Dave Ferro has been a lead judge at major car shows?   Get a clue dude.... building cars for the hotrod power tour is one thing - certainly not for OEM judging. 

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: LL1 1967 Coronet on December 21, 2006, 08:10:15 AM
To further the point...have you ever purchased one of their "correct" spray paints - or should I say spray 'bombs"...? 'Caus that's exactly what you get - a friggin' bomb.  Its a spray can that clogs, spurts, dribbles, clumps, and does just about ANYTHING BUT SPRAY!

Been there, done that.

Think I still have one full can that clogged on the first spray, and never worked thereafter.

Ordered enough though, that I got full covearge on the wheels before the last can clogged, so was able to finish the job.

Would like to have touched up the spare tire rim a little better. 
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

JimShine

You can improve the spray bombs performance by soaking the cans in hot tap water until the contents reach the hot water temp. Then shake well. I always do that when I need a spray bomb for a little job as it will start to get funky as it sits on the shelf.