News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What do you think of Mopar Muscle?

Started by 71 Bee Man, December 18, 2006, 12:01:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 Bee Man

G'day guys,

I'm a subscriber of Mopar Muscle mag here in Oz. Just got February's edition........I was wondering what everyone else thinks of Mopar Muscle and what you like as a Mopar mag.

I find that whilst it seems to be a lot thicker these days, and has heaps of technical stuff, there seems to be less feature cars. Is it my imagination ?

I know.....it's always going to be a case of "can't please 'em all", but it's just what I think. It didn't take me long to flick through it. Sure, I'll read over the articles they've got, but it just seemed there wasn't a lot of feature cars to hold my interest. Maybe it's my imagination.

Anyway, what do you guys think ?

Peter,
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71 Bee Man

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 18, 2006, 12:03:11 AM
It's good magazine, worth the price

I must admit, it works out a VERY good price if you subscribe. Down here the news stand wants $10 an issue (about $7.50 US).

It looks like they've changed their format in recent months, and it does have a lot in it. I'd just like more feature cars.

Peter
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Lostsheep_01

I like the mag much better since the "upgrade".  I think now it has a good mix of everything.  I love the tech articles.  I don't know that it needs more featured cars.  Great mag, well worth the price of admission.  Just my  :Twocents:
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Big Lebowski

I like it ok, except for the new 4 door section.  :-\
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Mopar440+6

I like the mag much better since the revamp but I could deal with a few less advertisements sometimes...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Ghoste

I like the photography but it sometimes seems like they are being paid by DCX.  I can't put my finger on it exactly but it just feels too much sometimes like they want me to buy a new Ram or four door Charger.  LOTS of advertising and I could really do without the catalog spam thing they throw together about every other issue.

41husk

I like the magazine, but I wish they had more feature cars.  More exact I wish they would do one of my cars :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

68isgr8

My husband and I are disappointed, particulary with this last issue. Nothing to get excited over. And why the hell do they feature late-model cars in the last half of the magazine? I'm not interested in reading 'bout that crap, leave that info. for the 'mopar now' mag.  :flame:
Another thing I'm not liking, I keep getting notices about my subscription will expire in Jan. I subscribed last Sept.  :ahum: They don't need my contribution anymore...

greenpigs

I buy Mopar Action loyally and Mopar Muscle when they have a good issue, which seems to be about 5 issues a year.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Charger-Bodie

i think the mopar collecters guide is by far the better mopar mag
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger1973

Id rather spend my cash on my car.  I can read articles and look at the cars online. 

mikesbbody

I consider myself a "collector" of mopar mags they are in every room of my house (and they take up alot of space) i have every issue of mopar muscle i consider it a good mopar magazine i have a subcription, and i buy them at the news agent i have noticed the news agent copies have the "glossy" type cover (like mopar action and mopar collectors guide) but my subcription copy does not these have the old style "soft" covers which can damage easier. there was too much new mopar stuff in my last issue but overall i like it.

Bevs 68

Well I guess now's a good time to say I like the magazine...Of course I'm especially swayed to comment this month (Feb.) since my car is on page 50. Good thing I didn't sell it, LOL! ;)
Bev

Proud to be a Mopar Momma!

BronzeOnSteelies

I read it pretty much cover to cover and enjoy it alot.

I saw your car Bev, Congrats on a great ride.
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Charger1973

Quote from: Bevs 68 on December 19, 2006, 01:29:53 PM
Well I guess now's a good time to say I like the magazine...Of course I'm especially swayed to comment this month (Feb.) since my car is on page 50. Good thing I didn't sell it, LOL! ;)

I saw a car the same color combo as yours in a Walmart parking lot, just outside of Fort Knox, KY when I was in the Army a few years back