News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A stupid question about automotive msrp...

Started by Ghoste, December 18, 2006, 06:05:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

but wtf, does F.O.B. stand for?  I've seen it on Monroney sheets and in brochures and so forth for years and always wondered but never asked until now.  ::)

NorwayCharger

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

PocketThunder

"A trade term requiring the seller to deliver goods on board a vessel designated by the buyer. The seller fulfills its obligations to deliver when the goods have passed over the ship's rail.

When used in trade terms, the word "free" means the seller has an obligation to deliver goods to a named place for transfer to a carrier."

Learn something new everyday.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

Free On Board huh?  I'd have never guessed that.  My suspicion was that it was Freight Out Bound or something like that and I knew it was a delivery charge.  Interesting.
Thanks.

rt green

f o b..... ......thats what the little woman calls me. i always wondered what it ment. or was it s o b?  sorry it was s o b.
third string oil changer

tecmopar

Well if your a little overweight it could be F S O B, ----couldn't resist.