News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

FM3 3rd Gen Chargers?

Started by Charger1973, December 17, 2006, 11:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1973

Im pretty much decided on FC7 (Plum Crazy) for my 73 Charger but I have always liked FM3 (Panther Pink) just as much...  I like all of the High Impact colors really.  But theres just something about Panther Pink...   Its just one of those colors you dont paint a car.   ;)  Thats why I like it.   Im not sure about how it would look on a 73 though...  Does anyone have any pics?  I have seen the pics of the 1 of 1 FM3 71 R/T and from what I can tell thats going to be one sweet car when its done.  And I did see the pics of the 73 SE that was for sale on some website, but thats it.  I didnt like the looks of that 73 SE at all. 

What do you guys think about the color on a 73?  I think I would have to lose some of the chrome like the side "boomerangs" to make it look ok. And it would have to have a bulge hood and the 71 style stripes and spoilers.  My plan at the moment is Plum Crazy with a white rallye stripe and (for the most part stock) white interior.  I know my current combo is killer but I keep getting this thought in the back of my head that pink might be the way to go.   ???

71 Bee Man

Quote from: charger1973 on December 17, 2006, 11:55:29 PM
Im pretty much decided on FC7 (Plum Crazy) for my 73 Charger but I have always liked FM3 (Panther Pink) just as much...  I like all of the High Impact colors really.  But theres just something about Panther Pink...   Its just one of those colors you dont paint a car.   ;)  Thats why I like it.   Im not sure about how it would look on a 73 though...  Does anyone have any pics?  I have seen the pics of the 1 of 1 FM3 71 R/T and from what I can tell thats going to be one sweet car when its done.  And I did see the pics of the 73 SE that was for sale on some website, but thats it.  I didnt like the looks of that 73 SE at all. 

What do you guys think about the color on a 73?  I think I would have to lose some of the chrome like the side "boomerangs" to make it look ok. And it would have to have a bulge hood and the 71 style stripes and spoilers.  My plan at the moment is Plum Crazy with a white rallye stripe and (for the most part stock) white interior.  I know my current combo is killer but I keep getting this thought in the back of my head that pink might be the way to go.   ???

I think Plum Crazy always looks good. I almost bought a Plum Crazy 71 Charger 500 from Mississippi a couple of years back, with 440.......but it wasn't what I'd hoped. Looked the part though.

Peter :icon_smile_big:
Sydney, Australia.
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Charger1973

These are the pics I mentioned before.  The 73 looks terrible in pink but the 71 looks awesome... 

Nacho-RT74

This car looks weird on that color because 73/74 SEs are not the best sport/muscle looking IMHO. Too much impact color to a luxury car.

This car is of Nick from Cali ( nicksgarage )... he is member of the board and does have its own website about it... the pic below it is a photoshop job about how he wants the final look. Car is an original Pink panther 71, 1 of 1 known
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

41husk

I will go with sublime or sassy grass on my 73.  I don't think I could paint a car pink unless thats what it came with from the factory.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Nacho-RT74

dunno if this is exactly FM3 in fact I sincerelly doub it, but isa fact that is custom since is not a 72/74 color available, not even really a 71 ( this is a 74 because the hanger shoulder seatbelts ). Looks too much better being a Hardtop than SE, maybe even better with canopy roof, but IMHO would keep Original Chromed sections ( not painted bumper ) and argent standart plastic grille. I mean, a kinda stock look.

So kinda pink... maybe photoshop it and will give you a closer look.

Pic from old board members rides section I saved on those days
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

Me?..  i'm not feelin it but you might be braver than I.
would be rare,.. but funny. Well,  if you didn't like it you could always dress up in the Energizer Bunny suit.

sorry, you asked...

Just 6T9 CHGR

IMHO that is a 1 and possibly ½ year color that should stay only on that 1 and possibly ½  year car... :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger1973

I HIGHLY doubt I would ever paint a car that color unless I had more than one and the second was for my girlfriend or something...  But ive just always been curious about what it would look like on one.  I like my cars be different than the other cars on the road and color is one way to help stand out.  I know I asked for opinions and thats what I want.  Any other pics you guys can find would be great too.  Thats a cool pic Nacho, it might not be exactly the color but it gives a pretty good idea.  :yesnod:

Also as far as the green go or sublime or sassy grass, I dont know why but it just doesnt seem to look right on a 73/74 to me...  That is what I am trying to avoid, a car that just doesnt look right with the color.  Im not sure why it looks bad but to me it does.  Looks great on a 71 R/T though.

Brock Samson

the '71 could certinly pass being simply put a BAD ASS car,.. but beyond that i wouldn't be to happy about driving around in a car everyone thinks has something to do with either a playboy bunny or a Mary Kay saleswoman..
didn't playboy give a panther pink r/t to a bunny or the year in '71?.. i seem to remember that...

mikesbbody

I say paint her the way you want to its all fine getting others opinions but at the end of the day if you like the way she looks that's all that matters be 100% sure though! I have a 72 charger se thats painted in a non factory color (close to go green? but i think lighter) i think she looks great!

Charger1973

Its just such a cool color.
This is my dream lineup   :icon_smile_wink:

1973 Charger (custom) - Plum Crazy
1971 Charger R/T - Green Go
1971 Charger Superbee - Top Banana
1970 Challenger T/A - Panther Pink

mikesbbody

i just emailed you pics of my charger you may/may not like them but check them out   mike.

Charger1973

Got em, thanks man.  I dont think ive ever seen pics of your car on here before?

mikesbbody

you are right its never been posted im not the best when it comes to computers it just seemed easier to email them to you when i know what im doing i will probably post a pic up  ;D

Charger1973

Hope you dont mind, I attached a few pics of your car for you. 

Brock Samson

looks pretty good dispite all that kermit green  :icon_smile_approve:

mikesbbody

no problem about posting the pics matt and thats not the first time its been called kermit green iether LOL!  ;D

konigcharger

whats wrong with green?

i always liked the look of the 72SE's W/O the vinyl top :thumbs:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

41husk

That is sassy grass or green go, correct?  I ahve been going back and forth between that and sublime, and must say seeing yours has me leaning towards Green go.  That looks great.  I am going with black super bee stripes and decals! Also body color bumpers.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ds440

Here's the options you were considering for your '73.

I wasn't sure what kind of rims you have/will have/want-to-have, etc...so I just threw some five spokes on there.  FM3 is hard to replicate.  In some of those other images, the cars appear to be a little too "Mary Kay" or "Barbie" pink.  FM3 has more red (I think).

Hopefully this will solidify your choice of Plum Crazy. ;D

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Charger1973

WOW...

Ok my jaw is on the floor, literally. Plum crazy it is.   :icon_smile_big:

I really do like the Panther Pink one too though...  If I ever get another one...   :yesnod:

By the way, is it hard to do those??  If not I need to learn how!  Would be sweet to see those in Top Banana and Green Go as well!

ds440

Go Green (another pain to match).  So it's "go-green-ish."  The high impacts are hard to get exact.  :icon_smile_cool:

Top Banana...ish...

1968 Charger R/T, 440 auto.

Charger1973

Sweet!  Thanks man!   I bet that helps out quite a few of us tryin to decide what color to paint our 3rd gens.   :yesnod: