News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

See what I picked up on my lunch break!

Started by Lostsheep_01, December 16, 2006, 09:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lostsheep_01

How did I get another project when I haven't completed the first?!?  Does anyone else have this problem?  Ok, it's not a Charger but at least I can drive a Dodge until my Charger is complete.  If nothing else, it'll make me take my time with my Charger b/c now I have a daily driver.  It has a Slant 6 now but I have a 360 laying around in the garage that will find a new home between the fenders of this beast! 
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Charger1973

Cool old Dodge, but i'd reconsider on the 360, the slant 6 is a good motor and thats far from a hot rod.  Id keep the old slant six and save yourself some gas money. 

TruckDriver

Quote from: charger1973 on December 16, 2006, 10:16:27 PM
Cool old Dodge, but i'd reconsider on the 360, the slant 6 is a good motor and thats far from a hot rod.  Id keep the old slant six and save yourself some gas money. 
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BigBlackDodge

Cool! Love the old Darts! Thats a '71, right?

BBD

69charger2002

i agree, unless you'll never use the 360 in anything else..
1. you can't kill the /6
2. gas mileage is hard to beat
3. it IS just a 4 door driver
4. it's already a running driving car, why do more work to it. save your energy and time for the more important car, the charger
my $.02 good score on another mopar by the way.. sadly you are not alone in the buy another before finishing one club
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Lostsheep_01

Thanks for the input all.  I was only gonna put the 360 in b/c I have no other use for it.  I originally started putting it together to replace a tired 318 in my '73 :icon_smile_big: but then I sold the '73 :bawling:. I was then going to put the 360 in my '69 Charger since I had already spent so much money getting good performance parts for it :icon_smile_big:.  However, my Charger was an original 383 and I've always wanted a 383, so I have decided to go that route for the Charger :D.  I guess I could try to sell the 360 since I need to get a 727 for it anyway.  Oh well, Slant 6 it is.... :drive:
69 Charger 383

dpm68

It would be a shame to turn your back on Chrysler's Leaning Tower of Power...

High Impact

Yeah,  Bent six's forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

41husk

Good luck with it, for me once I start letting a project sit it takes for ever to finish.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Lostsheep_01 on December 16, 2006, 09:53:34 PM
How did I get another project when I haven't completed the first?!?  Does anyone else have this problem?  
Yes, constantly.  I have a yard full of 'em now. :-\

Looks like a good car, congrats! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Nacho-RT74

Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Challenger340

That would make a great little "sleeper", tehehe.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Lostsheep_01

Quote from: Challenger340 on December 20, 2006, 12:15:34 AM
That would make a great little "sleeper", tehehe.
:iagree: Unfortunatley, you're the only one sharing my train of thought...
69 Charger 383

71 Bee Man

Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

Reidar

So your considering selling the 360? Whats the normal price for a 360 over there now?

Lostsheep_01

I guess I'm about to find out.  I have 3 sets of heads for it including the originals and one set cost me over $1000.00. I guess I'll sell them separately.
69 Charger 383