News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lemon Law

Started by SnoPro440, December 15, 2006, 11:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnoPro440

I am so pissed off right now because the transmission in my SRT-10 went out again this morning.  This is the third time.  The truck only has 16000 miles on it.  The first thing the dickhead at the dealership says is "You must drive it too hard"  I just told him to look at the tread that is on the rear tires and tell me that I drive it hard.  I want them to just replace the transmission instead of rebuilding it but DC will not replace it unless 70% of the parts have to be replaced.  So now, I called the attorney general in MN to get more info on the law.  Anyone here ever use the Lemon Law on a vehicle?  Do I need to hire a lawyer?
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

Lostsheep_01

My brother once sat outside the dealership with signs on his truck declaring that he had bought the lemon there for all of the potential customers to see.  The dealer quickly took care of the problems with the truck.  I know you probably don't have the time to do something like that, but that's the only experience that I've ever had with that.
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

41husk

Offer some friends a lemmon party,  a bunch of you sit out in front of the dealership for a few hours a day or take shifts.  After the desirde result put on a bash for your help!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Lostsheep_01

:iagree: That's a great idea!
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Shakey

Keep nagging them, go above whomever you're speaking with now, if that doesn't work go over their head until you get to the top.  You've got nothing to lose!  Keep hounding them.

hemi68charger

Quote from: mxzx440 on December 15, 2006, 11:52:49 AM
I am so pissed off right now because the transmission in my SRT-10 went out again this morning.  This is the third time.  The truck only has 16000 miles on it.  The first thing the dickhead at the dealership says is "You must drive it too hard"  I just told him to look at the tread that is on the rear tires and tell me that I drive it hard.  I want them to just replace the transmission instead of rebuilding it but DC will not replace it unless 70% of the parts have to be replaced.  So now, I called the attorney general in MN to get more info on the law.  Anyone here ever use the Lemon Law on a vehicle?  Do I need to hire a lawyer?

I used the Lemon Law of sorts here in Texas. My wife and I bought a new '04 Ram QC hemi back then. Well, we drove the truck home and the next day left my wife stranded for about 30 minutes. It finally started... Took it in on the second day we owned it.... Got it back on day three.... I drove it.. Again, the truck wouldn't start when I was going home.. Took a while.. Back to the dealership....... They had the truck 28 of my first 30 days of ownership... Needless to say, I too was fuming.. I eventually got to the District Manager, told her I was with the Houston Mopar Club here in Houston, live on the internet on the mopar discussion forms and if I didn't get another vehicle, I was going public....... I didn't want that truck that had been opened and closed countless times.. DCX even flew in the tech's from Detroit.......... On the 30th day, I got a call from the District Manager and she told me to go down to the dealership and pick out a new truck........ I did and have enjoyed this one ever since..............   Do a google search on "Lemon Law" & your State....... You should come up with something or discuss this with the State's Attorney's office in your capital........

Good luck......
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Steve P.

I believe in Florida it is 3 strikes and they are out..  Same problem/repair three times within 3/36,000 warr. and the lemon law kicks in.

Years ago I worked for a Chevy dealer here in Florida. Another Chevy dealer sold a guy a Camparo that had a problem from new. It went back many times and the other dealer could not find or fix the problem. I'll be damned if I can remember what the problem was with the car now, but the other Chevy dealer called us asking to look at this car.   The cars owner had raised hell with the local TV News. I think that was what prompted them to call us.. Anyway, I remember we repaired the car by putting a ground screw somewhere inside the car that the factory missed. Obviously so did the other dealer..

The cars owner was happy that we found the problem and fixed it, but wanted to trade it in anyway as he hated the car. Our shop manager drove the car for nearly a year without a problem. The guy traded it in on a Corvette. The other dealer was pissed to hear about that..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TylerCharger69

In case some of you don't realize this.   On today's vehicles, they all run through a computer interface.  With that being said,  If you smoke the tires everywhere you go,  and drive the hell out of a vehicle,  the computer records it.  My guitar player Chris' Hemi truck had the check engine light come on first thing in the morning on his way to work.  He drove to the corner store,  got his morning coffee and smokes,  then drove to work.  He went in to work and notified his superiors that he needed to immediately take his truck in and have it checked out.  (He's really anal about stuff like that....but it WAS under warranty.)   He got to the dealer,  and when they came back to tell him what they found wrong, the first thing they told him was this.   "You violated your warranty because the vehicle was started 3 times after the code came up.  Your speed was up to 78 miles an hour since the last start up, and that shows hard driving  (yeah...bullshit)"   There was other things they threw in also.   Yes....the vehicle was started 3 times....First startup in the morning.....second startup, at the corner store.....and the third startup, from his work to the dealer.   So...basically, these new vehicles' computers are basically the same as an airplanes "black box".             I was watching court T.V. the other day,  and the trial was over a pedestrian being killed.   There were two defendants...One was driving a Corvette,  and the other was driving some rice car.   They stated,  under oath,  (the defendants) that they were not exceeding 55 miles an hour.  (The speed limit where the scene was was 35 M.P.H.)   The prosecution had an auto tech taking the stand, and supplied a read out of what the computer said, which was  this:  "When the airbags deployed on the Corvette...the speed the car was travelling was 139 miles an hour and the ABS brakes locked up for 2.3 seconds before airbag deployment"......."The speed of the (can't remember the rice) upon airbag deployment was 147 M.P.H. at which point the car made a hard left and the A.B.S. reading at this point was zero."  Needless to say....they went to prison for quite a while for vehicular homicide.
      Pretty scary stuff.....also knowing that this great "on-star" system everybody is speaking of....well...sucks.   Now even the government can track your every move if need be and shut your car off through satellite.  Another way they have created to get into your business.  My point is this.....The computer is basically a tell-tale sign of abuse and warranty violations as well as housing information that is admissable in court.   Also...if you have a great amount of unpaid traffic tickets.....they can just shut your car down.   It's getting to the point where taking a cruise isn't really a freedom anymore that we should have.  Hell.....give me a big engine with a carb on it...nothing else   and I'm happy!!! ;D

Steve P.

I just watched something very similar on the BLACK BOX in today's cars. Some are trying to make it so that the courts cannot use this info against you. Sort of like your wife not being able to take the stand against you.   

This was an insurance company using the box against paying a claim.. The insurance company won..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TylerCharger69

Well.....it does have it's pros and cons.   It DOES keep fraudulent insurance claims down, thus, hopefully lowering our insurance rates!!   You made a good point too!!!

Rocky

Quote from: 41husk on December 15, 2006, 12:42:58 PM
Offer some friends a lemmon party,  a bunch of you sit out in front of the dealership for a few hours a day or take shifts.  After the desirde result put on a bash for your help!

Whatever you do, don't do a Google image search for "lemon party" :puke: Not safe for work.

d72hemi

Quote from: Rocky on December 15, 2006, 08:56:43 PM

Whatever you do, don't do a Google image search for "lemon party" :puke: Not safe for work.

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:  :iagree: :puke: I could not resist. I hope that image leaves my head soon  :puke:

dkn1997

RECHRGED

BLACKWOLF

computers and black boxes is why i drive nothing newer than 1979.
why don't big brother watch the people that come to this country for unknown reasons. instead of screwing with us.
these auto makers need to stand behind what they make or stop making automobiles.
they stop making replacement parts after 10 years. i tried to get a part for a plymouth voyager from a local dodge dealer, the guy in the parts dept. told me that i would have to get it from a salvage yard. because, they didn't make it anymore.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

andy74

pm me when you get a chance, ill get you some numbers to contact-i am your friendly car dealer!

Red Ram

In most states you won't need an attorney to do a Lemon Law Arbitration. In Washington State, to qualify you need to show one of three things. (1) Two or more repairs for the same "serious safety defect" and the defect continues to exist. (2) Four or more repairs for the same "nonconformity" (something that effects the use or value of the vehicle) and it still exists. (3) 30 or more days out-of-service for nonconformities or serious safety defect, the defect does not need to still exist. States vary, so check with the Attorney General's office in your state. In Washington, if the manufacturer is represented by an attorney, you can hire an attorney and if you win the Manufacturer will have to eat the attorneys fees. If you qualify for 1 or 2 you'll have to show the defect still exists, so take your car to an indepedent certified mechanic to diagnose your problem, that way you can show that the defect still exists.  Ask the dealer for all service records and all service bulletins concerning your car and it's problems.

The Lemon Law process involves presenting your problem in front of an arbitrator and representative of the manufacturer. If the manufacturer discovers that you have filed through the Lemon Law an you qualify, chances are that they might settle with you before you go to arbitration.

Brad
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

SnoPro440

Thanks to all that have posted.  I'm pretty sure my truck will qualify for 'Lemon status'.  To this point, it has been in the dealers bay for 33 days.  This is not including the time it will take to fix it this time. 
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

SnoPro440

Truck is going in again on Monday.  For whatever reason, the high beam light is flashing on and off all the time.  And no, I'm not hitting the high beam switch. It started flashing last weekend when the truck decided to die while I was sitting at a stop light.  I have contacted a lawyer and he took my case.  The lawyer said that this will take 90 days to be resolved.  We'll see what happens.
2008 Viper SRT-10
1968 Charger R/T
2019 Rubicon JLU

PocketThunder

Quote from: d72hemi on December 15, 2006, 09:14:11 PM

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:  :iagree: :puke: I could not resist. I hope that image leaves my head soon  :puke:

whats so bad about that??   :shruggy:

http://www.athrec.mcmaster.ca/intramurals/champions/intramural_champs/Champs%202005-2006/Innertube%20H2Opolo%20-%20B%20Champs%20-%20Lemon%20Party.jpg
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

d72hemi

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 11, 2007, 07:05:23 PM
Quote from: d72hemi on December 15, 2006, 09:14:11 PM

whats so bad about that??   :shruggy:

http://www.athrec.mcmaster.ca/intramurals/champions/intramural_champs/Champs%202005-2006/Innertube%20H2Opolo%20-%20B%20Champs%20-%20Lemon%20Party.jpg

I will send you a PM.

Udate: PT, as I was sending you the PM, I co-worker that likes to look over peoples shoulders to see what you are doing, took a look at my screen. He was so curious that he did the sreach himself. he muttered something, then filled the trash can under the desk. Granted he has been sick for the last few days and blew chunks twice yestery during work. I told him that what happens to anoying people like him.  :devil: