News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black 70 Charger spotted in Ottawa Ontario : Update with Pics

Started by firefighter3931, December 15, 2006, 11:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter3931

A co-worker of mine spotted a black 70 Charger sitting in the parking lot of a speed shop in the west end of the city.  :icon_smile_big:

Another co-worker who runs a repair shop asked me about a PS box for the same make/model vehicle....i'm thinking it's the same car. No, i haven't seen it or have pics.

Just curious if it's a members car ?

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

OttawaCharger

1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Shakey

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mefirst

Ron**

It was me together with my black beast.. I was out looking for you.. We still have that 1/4 mile and the six-pack of beer issue to resolve, remember.. :stirthepot:

/Tom

Shakey

Quote from: Mefirst on December 15, 2006, 08:00:50 PM
Ron**

It was me together with my black beast.. I was out looking for you.. We still have that 1/4 mile and the six-pack of beer issue to resolve, remember.. :stirthepot:

/Tom

I thought it was for a case of beer.   :shruggy:

bull

Quote from: Shakey on December 15, 2006, 09:58:14 PM
Ron**

/Tom

You Canucks and your beer. I bet you're all sitting around sipping Kokanie in your hockey jerseys and shorts, missing a front tooth or two (hockey puck) belching and saying stuff like, "At's a good beer, eh?"  :nana:

BTW, it's zero not zed. :icon_smile_wink: Out and about, not oot and aboot. :icon_smile_wink:  :nana: Silverware, not cutlery.  :nana:

Shakey

Quote from: bull on December 16, 2006, 07:21:46 PM
Ron**

/Tom

You Canucks and your beer. I bet you're all sitting around sipping Kokanie in your hockey jerseys and shorts, missing a front tooth or two (hockey puck) belching and saying stuff like, "At's a good beer, eh?"  :nana:

BTW, it's zero not zed. :icon_smile_wink: Out and about, not oot and aboot. :icon_smile_wink:  :nana: Silverwere, not cutlery.  :nana:

Heh - I am sitting at my In-Laws farm, beer in hand, the Maple Leafs ( :icon_smile_blackeye: ) vs. the Rangers are on television, the BBQ's warming up and guess what I have on the desk in front of me -  :cheers: (Molson Canadian) but I do have Kokanee & Miller Genuine Draft in my fridge at home.   :thumbs:

I spent all day working on my car, pulled the windshield and dash and now it is time to relax and have dinner.   :yesnod:

BTW - it's zed, not zee and it's nil, and sometimes zero and everyone in my family has all of their teeth.   :nana:

So as you sit there polishing you gun, please don't be so quick to judge.   :nana:   :cheers:

Enjoy the weekend Bull.   ;)

bull

Quote from: Shakey on December 16, 2006, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: bull on December 16, 2006, 07:21:46 PM
Ron**

/Tom

BTW, it's zero not zed. :icon_smile_wink: Out and about, not oot and aboot. :icon_smile_wink:  :nana: Silverwere, not cutlery.  :nana:

Heh - I am sitting at my In-Laws farm, beer in hand, the Maple Leafs ( :icon_smile_blackeye: ) vs. the Rangers are on television, the BBQ's warming up and guess what I have on the desk in front of me -  :cheers: (Molson Canadian) but I do have Kokanee & Miller Genuine Draft in my fridge at home.   :thumbs:

I spent all day working on my car, pulled the windshield and dash and now it is time to relax and have dinner.   :yesnod:

BTW - it's zed, not zee and it's nil, and sometimes zero and everyone in my family has all of their teeth.   :nana:

So as you sit there polishing you gun, please don't be so quick to judge.   :nana:   :cheers:

Enjoy the weekend Bull.   ;)

You too, buddy. And have a good Christmas, eh?

suburbanfireman

Maybe the agreement was for a case of American Beer, which ends up being a Canadian 6-pack due to the exchange rate!! ;D

Merry Ho Ho's guys.
Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I think I might be addicted to cars."

Jill Taylor: "Well, DUH!"

Tim "The Toolman" Taylor: "I'm thinking about checking myself into the Henry Ford Clinic!"

Shakey

Quote from: suburbanfireman on December 16, 2006, 11:37:22 PM
Maybe the agreement was for a case of American Beer, which ends up being a Canadian 6-pack due to the exchange rate!! ;D

Merry Ho Ho's guys.

With the exchange rate what it is now, (and for the past 18 months) I'd say it'd all be about equal.  I'm using 1.13 for the month of December.  I've told my Wife I'd be foolish not to be restoring a car now when it comes to buying parts from the United States.   :D

Now on the subject of beer and as far as quality goes...... :pity:

bull

Oh yea, almost forgot, have a good Boxing Day too... whatever the heck that is. :shruggy: :nana: Probably just an excuse to take two days off work. Bums. :nana:

Shakey

Quote from: bull on December 17, 2006, 12:10:17 AM
Oh yea, almost forgot, have a good Boxing Day too... whatever the heck that is. :shruggy: :nana: Probably just an excuse to take two days off work. Bums. :nana:

Actually, the roots of boxing day go back to the early '20's.  A lot of children would get Christmas gifts and although most of them were quite content with their presents, others would be envious of their siblings haul.  Parents got sick and tired of the bickering and eventually told the kids to work it out amongst themselves.  The fights that erupted were crude and the parents in the neighbourhoods usually had to step in.  After a while, the parents organized boxing matches between the siblings.  This caught on in neighbourhoods across the country and eventually made into a national holiday.   :yesnod:

And BTW - Wednesday is my last day of work until 2007!   :nana:

firefighter3931

Ok you highjackers....time to get this one back on track !  :devil:

I went on a little mission and located the car.  :icon_smile_cool: It's a triple black 70 r/t clone with a pistol grip and console interior. The body is in nice shape but there's dust all over it....should clean up real nice.  :yesnod:

I left my name & number with the shop to pass along to the new owner....if he calls i'll tell him about our website and the 70 Registry.  ;D The car is in for some steering & brake work. Pretty stock under the hood, no real go fast goodies.

Chris i got the VIN but the fender tag is MIA. I'll forward you the VIN pic.  ;)

I'll post some pics for your viewing pleasure.  :scope:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

firefighter3931

firefighter3931

firefighter3931

last one...interior pic. Original AC car with nice woodgrain steering wheel, console and pistol grip....not the best pic but you get the idea.  :musik010:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Dodge Don

A 70 Charger driving around Ottawa in late December? Don't tell me there is no such thing as global warming  :scratchchin:

Boxing day  :yesnod: Man that brings up memories.....boy did I kick my brothers ass  :boxing_smiley:

bull

Poor guy. He didn't find Ron until after the project was finished. ;D I wish I lived next to FF.

Shakey

Quote from: Dodge Don on December 21, 2006, 08:28:27 PM
A 70 Charger driving around Ottawa in late December? Don't tell me there is no such thing as global warming  :scratchchin:

Boxing day  :yesnod: Man that brings up memories.....boy did I kick my brothers ass  :boxing_smiley:

I was at the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto on Wednesday at around 11:00 AM and when I came out, an AAR 'Cuda was parked about 4 spaces away.  I too thought it was pretty wild - mid December and these things are still out stalkin' the streets.   :thumbs:

Dodge Don

Quote from: Shakey on December 21, 2006, 09:38:55 PM

I was at the Yorkdale Mall in Toronto on Wednesday at around 11:00 AM and when I came out, an AAR 'Cuda was parked about 4 spaces away.  I too thought it was pretty wild - mid December and these things are still out stalkin' the streets.   :thumbs:

Yorkdale Mall........sheesh  ::)   Mike what were you doing in the ghetto  :icon_smile_approve:

firefighter3931

Ya, the weather's been unreal around here. No snow on the ground at all and above freezing most of the time.  ;D I'm sure we're gonna pay for it soon....but we'll take it as long as we can.  ;) They're forcasting a green Christmas....i don't ever remember not having snow on the ground on the 25th.  :o

Ron